Monday, January 20, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 20, 2020

Even with the new blog, I've decided to come back to doing these little posts, because they make me happy.


The Weather:
It's cold! We've had some unexpected snow (the forecast didn't make a peep about snow, and I woke up to an inch and a half on the ground). The roads are absolutely horrific today. Thankfully, after tomorrow, the temperatures are supposed to steadily climb into the 40's, which I will happily take over teens and lower 20's.

How I am feeling this morning: 
Grateful. We have a warm house to sleep in, the pipes didn't freeze. My husband has a job, I have a job. The kids are cared for and happy. We live in a beautiful part of the country. Physically, I am just a little tired.

On my mind: 
Some plumbing stuff I need replaced this week. It's not a big deal, and it shouldn't cost too much. The project I've got going on with rearranging the living room/making a playspace for Josie. Buying a new couch.

On the breakfast plate:
Breakfast food in the morning is not my friend. I had a few potato chips and some crab rangoon dip (don't judge, ha!) It was a nice little breakfast.

On my reading pile:
Songs for the Missing by Stewart O'Nan
I just started this book, and I can already tell it's going to break my heart.
Since it's so awful outside, maybe I can get some reading done after my chores.

On my T.V.
This week's episode of "Dare Me".
Also, I am already impatient for the next episode of "Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for The Bone Collector" to come out. I'm a huge fan of the books, and the wait for the next episode is killllllling me.
We just finished Zumbo's Just Desserts. No spoilers, but I was not a happy camper at the end.

On the menu this week: 
Monday: My grandmother's vegetable soup
Tuesday: Hamburger Helper, salad
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Thursday: Stromboli, Salad
Friday: Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup
Saturday: Cauliflower Kuku
Sunday: Pork Tacos

From the camera: 

The Sphinx spent some time trekking through the fresh snow.

Looking around the house: 
It's definitely in need of TLC, so that's what I'll be doing today, before work and after.

Chore I'm not looking forward to this week: 
The living room carpet. I've hated this carpet since we moved in the house. It's coming up this Spring and I'm not even sad about it. Meanwhile, I have to clean it...ugh.

To relax this week, I will
Read my book, my goal is to finish it this week. I've only had it about three weeks, ha.

On my prayer list: 
I have a few friends that need God's guidance. My Mom in Wisconsin, as always. This whole world...it's a mess.

Devotional/Bible Verse/Quote




Have a beautiful week!!!

9 comments:

  1. Always a wonderful thing to be grateful. Sounds like you had breakfast potatoes to me ;) Hope you have a fantastic week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm DVRing the Lincoln Rhyme show but haven't watched any yet. Is it good???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so so good. But I've had a schoolgirl crush on the character of Mr. Rhyme for years so I am a bit biased :)

      Delete
  3. Seems like you're having a soup week! what a great idea with all that awful weather.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every week is soup week, haha! I could eat soup every single day.

      Delete
  4. Cold days...hot soup! Warm, filling, and delicious! Blessings for a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been having quit a few cold days here too. There's nothing like a warm bowl of soup on those days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've been having a great week Hon! Hope it warms up. Welcome to my weather on the regular. Lol
    Your menu sounds so yummy and comforting. As did your breakfast the other day! 😂 It is the deep winter - thinking spring cleaning time of year I guess. Both with our carpet shampooing as you said. Always something, isn't it? sigh
    I hope you have a cozy and wonderful weekend my Friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM RUNNING SO LATE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR NEXT WEEK! I hope yo had a GREAT week and I love that picture of the paw prints. GREAT MLK quote also!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...