Monday, July 31, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out the Carolinas Dahlia Society storage shed and it was kind of a disaster. Lucky for me, some amazing people showed up to help and we got it all done! And yesterday, I had a last minute thing at the Bed and Breakfast (yesterday was supposed to be my day off). So, I took today to just kind of putter around the house and relax. 


The Weather: We just got out of a hot spell...a band of storms rolled through on Saturday and it was pretty darn amazing how much they brought down the temperatures. We warm back up sometime next week, but tis par for the course. 

As I look outside my window: I'm actually outside on my front porch swing with my laptop, typing up this post. Goose is doing some schoolwork with me and Ella is inside. It's sunny and the breeze is amazing and everything is just so green and wonderful. 

Right now I am: Typing up this post, listening to Chad Lawson's "The Piano" album on Pandora, supervising Goose's schoolwork and watching the trees. 

Thinking and pondering: I'm acutlally trying my best not to. I've found myself with racing thoughts a lot the last few weeks and it's not good for me. So, I'm staying in the moment as much as I can, and enjoying a curious 6 year old and piano music and a nice breeze, staying mindful of the fact that these are the exact things I've prayed for my whole life. 

Listening to: "Nocturne in A Minor", traffic, windchimes, Ella moving things around in the house. 

How I am feeling: Grateful. Optimistic. But mostly grateful. 

On the breakfast plate: A coffee and a Diet Dr. Pepper (not together) and a slice of breakfast pizza

On the lunch plate: I'm just gonna have some water and take a walk. I'm still pretty full from breakfast. 

On the dinner plate: Hamburger Helper...actually Chicken Helper (the fried rice kind). I don't usually do things like that, but I buy them on sale and use them either on busy nights when I have a million things to do or on days off when I'd rather enjoy my day than spend it all slaving away in the kitchen (though I do actually enjoy cooking) 

What I'm wearing: Pajama shorts, a shirt that I bought in 2016 when Ella and I went to visit my Dad, and my flip flops. 

On my reading pile: Y'all, my goal in July was to finish two books and  I did it. They were both Holly Jackson novels (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and Five Survive) and they were both SO good. In August I aim to finish "Transgressions" (a book of true crime novellas edited by Ed McBain) and Hunt Gather Parent by Michaleen Doucleff and maybe another book. Hunt, Gather, Parent is something I'm reading for an Instagram book club I'm in. 

On my TV this week: Crime Scene Kitchen, and Cruel Summer. Anybody else out there watching Cruel Summer and strongly suspecting Luke's Dad? Ella and I are all but convinced he did it. 

On the menu:

Monday: Chicken Helper

Tuesday: Beef Stroganoff 

Wednesday: Pizza Soup 

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner/Fend for Yourself 

Friday: Hamburger Gravy, Potatoes, Salads 

Saturday: Stir Fry 

Sunday: Hay and Straw (but it's really Ham Alfredo) 

Looking around the house: Definitely gonna give it some TLC today. I have some projects in mind to get done today before I get back to work for the week. And also, cook dinner and find some time to read. 

From the camera: 



Another one from the Renfield files. I grew the lettuce in my Aerogarden, from seed. Fun fact is that cats can eat lettuce in moderation, and it may actually give them a hydration boost. 

Devotionals, Thoughts, Etc: My only thoughts ae that I need to make more time for Bible study and quiet time with God in the mornings. 

Have a beautiful week! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful that you've had some rain. It's raining here too, but the temperature has been high for a few days, making it feel humid. I love the photo of the cat! I didn't know they liked lettuce. That's a fun new fact for me. 🌧️🌡️😺🥬📸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dearest! I love your thoughts and attitude on living in the moment. Always excellent in advice to my thinking too. I'm now going to add Chad Lawson piano to my pandora list! Sounds wonderful! I agree that sometimes the boxed or frozen easy things can be tasty and very handy.
    Thanks for the meow meow tip (love the pic - Lol) as I'll have one living here now too. ;) I hope you stay nice and cool and have a wonderfully blessed week!! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat picture! Had no idea about cats eating lettuce. Our cat must not like the butterleaf I have growing on the front porch as she's not touched it. Great to stay in the moment. I need to do that more, thank you for the reminder. Wondering if they make Dr. Pepper flavored coffee now and would it be good? Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is beautiful! My cats love to eat plants... much to my displeasure. They've never eaten one that agreed with them though, so I usually have a dead plant and they get sick on my floor. Fun times. I love living in the moment, I miss my baby being 6! I'm glad you're enjoying all those moments while they last! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best thing living in the moment. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...