Monday, May 8, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 8, 2023

 Sorry I'm late, I was harrassed at the gate. Not really, but work had me hoppin' today and I'm just now able to sit down and post this. 

But, here we go!



The weather: Warm and sunny, rain chances on the daily. It SEEMS that Spring is finally here at last, hurray!

As I look outside my window: It's all green grass and sunny skies, with white clouds. The yard is aglow with yellow dandelions. Everything is growing, and this is truly my soul season. 

Right now, I am: Keeping an eye on the rice that's going, and reffereeing kids. Listening to Owl City because Ella has it playing while she plays a computer game. 

Thinking and pondering: Trying to make a list of all the things that need done between now and Sunday. I'm going to try my best to make Sunday a true day off. I feel like it's Mothers Day and gosh darn it, I deserve that much.

Listening to: "Gold" by Owl City. The timer in the kitchen ticking away. 

How I am feeling: Frustrated. Rushed. But so glad to be home and have a home to be frustrated and rushed in. Thankful. overall. 

On the breakfast plate: I had a bagel with ham, cheese, and clover sprouts. 

On the lunch plate: A Stouffer's individual veggie lasagna and a blueberry granola bar. 

On the dinner plate: Fajitas and rice. A salad

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Fajitas
Tuesday: Big Sur Chicken and Potatoes 
Wednesday: French Toast Casserole
Thursday: Hamburger Helper
Friday: Angel Chicken
Saturday: I'm traveling, so it's everyone for themselves 
Sunday: Spaghetti Bolognese

What I'm wearing: Dark-wash jeans, and a black tank top. My work uniform of choice lately. 

On my reading pile: Really getting into the Florabama book and I'm loving it. It's not slow going, I just don't have a ton of time to read. 

On my TV this week: Will Trent. CSI. 
Did anybody else happen to catch the last episode of Animal Control? I sobbed the whole time. 

Looking around the house: Windows are open. I need to organize the pantry. AGAIN. Argh. Laundry needs done. 

To do list: Laundry, the pantry shelves. I have to move plants from one place to another and run my pothos up the wall. If it trails down any further, the cat will get it. 

From the camera: 


I took this picture yesterday of Goose admiring my little jungle in the kitchen. 

Devotional: I'm reading about patience today and it's...timely. I always feel like I'm short on patience, especially with my youngest and with how ridiculous work has been lately. 

Have a great week! 






3 comments:

  1. Ohhh my kids are obsessed with Owl City, especially my 16 year old! They have one out now called Vitamin Sea, and she plays it so much I swear I hear it in my sleep. I do enjoy them as well. I hope your work gets better for you! And I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Ella is 16 (on the cusp of 17) and she also plays Vitamin Sea a ton...have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Dearest! Welcome back home and glad you're back to routine. I think that always helps a lot - even when feeling kinda crazy in our weeks. It's been raining lots here and everything is turning so green. Finally!! ;) I LOVE the pic of Goose and the jungle. Lol You sure have the green thumb Lady! Blessings on the rest of your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...