Monday, July 24, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 24, 2023

 Good...afternoon! Gardening season is in full swing here, which means my mornings are promised to the garden. However, I love the HMM posts so much, I figure it is better late than never. 


The weather: Warm (sometimes hot) days and cool-ish nights. Perfection for the garden and somebody who enjoys going running in the evenings. No complaints here, but I forever have my eye on the hurricane forecasts because I've had the garden decimated before showtime by hurricanes on two separate years. 

As I look outside my window: Very bright, very green, very sunshine-y

Right now, I am: Propped on my couch at an odd angle, typing up this post. There's a Diet Dr. Pepper with my name on it in the kitchen and I'm looking forward to a cooler evening of chilling with my little people. 

Thinking and pondering: This gardening season is stressful and there's so much to do, and I'm just trying to find a balance for the sake of my sanity 

How I am feeling: Tired, but accomplished. A lot got done today so far. Ella has been a huge help. 

On the breakfast plate: Coffee and a big cup of water. 

On the lunch plate: More coffee? Yeah, this is my diet come garden season. Please don't judge me. 

On the dinner plate: Creamy chicken and wild rice soup that I made in the crockpot. Thank heavens for crockpots. 

What I'm wearing: My favorite black shorts and a peach shirt that I wore to my check ins at clients' gardens today. I'm barefoot now, but I wear hiking boots to do my gardening (because I'm forever climbing hills, especially at one client garden...and two of mine are on a weird slope)

On my reading pile: My Bible and Five Survive. I'm also joining an Instagram book club for August (because I need to read more), but more on that one later. 

On my TV this week: The usual (Crime Scene Kitchen, Cruel Summer) and Ella and I are thinking of starting Bad Sisters. I just recently got Apple TV and am wondering if I want to keep it...so any suggestions are always welcome. 

On the menu

Monday: Chicken and wild rice soup

Tuesday: Blueberry French Toast Casserole

Wednesday: Pork Roast in the Crockpot 

Thursday: Zuppa Toscana 

Friday: TBD

Saturday: gone for meetings all day, catch what ya can 

Sunday: Taco Spaghetti 


Looking around the house: It's pretty clean. Ella just swept and mopped, and I swear, I am so grateful for her. 

To do list: Finish this post, get the school area cleaned up some, READ MY DARN BOOK

From the camera: 



The first dahlia bloom of the year. It's a miniature dahlia called Sugartown Sunrise. 

Devotionals, thoughts, etc: I read today about growing old in the Lord (again, it's by Spurgeon) and it oddly comforted me. I grew up in a family where everybody was afraid of aging...and I'm actually not. 

Have a beautiful week!



6 comments:

  1. That Dahlia is gorgeous! I had one in our garden at our house we just moved from. I love the colors though! Since its miniature does that mean the stem is shorter? I need some shorter ones. I know what you mean about being thankful for daughters who are helpful, mine has been gone for a couple of days and I forget how much she does to help me! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dahlia bloom is gorgeous! Hope you get a bit of downtime soon. And I love Apple Tv, we LOVED Ted Lasso. I also enjoyed the Big Door Prize, Severance, The Last Thing He Told Me (that one is really good and based on a book by Laura Dave), I need to finish watching Shrinking. The Tetris movie is very good and so is the Michael J. Fox documentary (though it's a bit sad at times).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks yummy. Enjoy your garden, so much fun reading about it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. So praying that no hurricanes come be stinkers in any way!! Also, that dahlia is GLORIOUS!! Wonderful daughters are worth their weight in gold, aren't they? Love that! Blessings dear Friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that dahlia color combination! Our weather is garden friendly too! I hope you have a WONDERFUL rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...