Monday, July 27, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 27, 2026

 Happy start of the week, y'all. Also, we're sick in my household. Goose got some awful head cold thing last week, so it was only a matter of time before Ella and I went down, too. Bleh. It wouldn't be too bad except for me having to do a shift at the Bed and Breakfast yesterday, which definitely cut into whatever rest time I had planned. So, I'm  making up for it today. Lots of rest, punctuated by bursts of activity or whatever, right?

Without further ado, here we go. 



The weather: Once again, a hot start to the week, and then a cool-down. Not that it matters because I don't think I'll be doing much outside today. 

Right now, I am: Laying in bed, lamenting the fact that I am sick when there's an entire farm that needs me, and trying to figure out if my scratchy throat is from this cold or from the rust-remover I had to use at the B&B on a sink yesterday. Either way, UGH. 

Thinking and pondering: If I have any pineapple juice in the house. Should I Instacart some? When will I feel better? Trying not to catastrophize this entire dahlia season, but it seems like everything is so slow. 

How I am feeling: Like I have a cold, because I do. I'm tired, but I'm not TIRED. Everything in me wants to go do a million things, but I'm not dumb enough to fall for that. This is exactly how I am every time I get sick. I swear, I have "sickness imposter syndrome" because I look at my kids and I think "Oh, you poor sick babies", but I will get the same cold/whatever and think "Suck it up, buttercup" and it's not a healthy way of thinking at all (literally). 

On my breakfast plate: I had a cup of coffee and an Oreo. Y'all, I gotta do better. 

On the lunch plate: I'll probably make a salad, or some soup. Or leftover spaghetti. Hmm. 

On the dinner plate: Apparently Hamburger Helper makes a Breakfast Helper now. I saw it at the store last week, and picked up a box. Please don't judge me, it's flower season. 

On the menu: That Hamburger Breakfast Helper thing tonight, Cabbage Roll Casserole tomorrow, and Ham and Potato Chowder on Wednesday, Chicken and Rice on Thursday, and Quesadillas on Friday. I'll have to hit the grocery store before the weekend, so Saturday and Sunday are kind of up in the air right now. 

What I'm wearing: A black tank top and black legging shorts. I didn't want to be in pajamas all day, even though I reckon I could 

On my reading pile: I finished "She is a Haunting" (it was really good and really weird), currently in "Don't Go to Sleep" (I love scary stuff) and also "National Dish" by Anya Von Bremzen for my nonfiction kick. 

Finishing up Proverbs in the Bible. 

On my TV: The girls and I finished Project Hail Mary and it was so incredibly good. This week, Goose is picking the movie and she's chosen the second Ivy and Bean movie (she and I watched the first one together, and it was super cute). Ella and I watched Into the Fire: The Lost Daughter on Netflix over the weekend and we were alternately crying, or laughing, or angry. I'll let y'all look that one up, it's so hard to explain. 

I need to get back into Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom (my next undubbed Japanese show, Hell for You was gooooood). 

Looking around the house: Goose is reading a book, Gypsy is asleep on the couch and Goose's cat, Perla, is lounging in a laundry basket. Ella is making a cup of coffee. 

To do list:  Put the ham in the crockpot (it's not for tonight), wash dishes, fold laundry. I have to go through our shoes (and boy do we have a lot of shoes) and donate what's too small, etc. Later, I have to go to Lowe's hardware and buy ferns and mums for a garden I'm doing for a local hotel. The good thing about working there is I don't have to see anybody if I don't want to. 

What I am creating: That garden at the hotel. 

From the camera: 


These are some of the sunflowers I planted at the hotel in town. They're finally all starting to bloom! 

Bible Verses, Devotionals, Prayers: If y'all can spare a prayer for me? I hate being sick so much. Thanks so much, and have a lovely week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 27, 2026

 Happy start of the week, y'all. Also, we're sick in my household. Goose got some awful head cold thing last week, so it was only a ...