Monday, August 24, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 24, 2026

 I'm late, dreadfully so. But, for an "off" Monday, nothing about today was really off. First of all, I feel a little like I've been hit by a bus (oh, the joys of being a woman, ha). Second, I'm feeling stretched really thin (par for the course during my busy season). Third, I have a lot of things thrown at me (see previous sentence). 

Anyway, if I plan to finish this post before Monday is over, here we go. 



The weather: Pretty typical of late August in the mountains. Warm, warm, warm, then a few cool days sprinkled in there for variety. I live for those cooler days. 

As I look outside my window: It's dark, y'all. But I can see the solar lights in my dahlia patch and the streetlight at the watershed across the street. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and leaning my head on a Squishmallow that Goose gave me a few years back. It's become my favorite pillow. Trying to talk a friend through a breakup.

Thinking and pondering: About all of the things I have to do this week, how I'm going to squeeze in a month's of work into a week, ha. 

How I am feeling: Kind of grouchy and lousy, but also accomplished and super excited to see all the flowers in bloom. 

On the breakfast plate: Y'all will be so proud of me. I had a whole breakfast today, and I even took a picture of it. 


On the lunch plate: I had an adult lunchable, with salame, bread rounds and cheese. 

On the dinner plate: I made Hungarian Goulash with mashed potatoes. We had no leftovers. 

On the menu this week: I'm still working out the order, but Hamburger Helper, Butter Chicken, Apple-Puff Pancake are going to make appearances this week. 

What I'm wearing: Pajamas and a wrap on my toes because I have a runner's injury and literally the only thing that helps is taping two of my toes together. 

On my reading pile: I'm still in Psalms in the Bible, but I've done very little reading in the last week, and I need to get myself together. 

On my TV this week: I've made it ten minutes into the next episode of Dead or Love with Ella, but otherwise all I've seen is an episode or two of Dance Moms. Dahlia season does not lend itself to TV marathons. 

Looking around the house: It is pleasantly dark, hehehe. I've got a huge butterfly tent on my kitchen shelf where our caterpillars will live out their caterpillar lives...these guys pupate over the winter, and I've got a pupation station ready to go too. It's a lot of work raising these little guys, but we're learning all kinds of cool things. 

To-do list for the week: Clean at three different houses (and mine), keep my sanity, get some garden things in order, switch out sunflowers for mums at a client's garden, Neem oil the gardens. 

What I am creating: Lovely garden spaces. Flower arrangements for a client.

Something fun to share: 


These are the caterpillars we're keeping. They're Hickory Horned Devil caterpillars, and they will be Regal Moths when they finish their metamorphosis. 

From the camera: 


Of course it's a dahlia. It's Kelgai Ann, and it's a waterlily/peony dahlia type. My favorite flowers are peonies but their season is so short, these are the next best thing. 

Prayers, devotionals: Please continue to be in prayer for my best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 24, 2026

 I'm late, dreadfully so. But, for an "off" Monday, nothing about today was really off. First of all, I feel a little like I...