It's every other Monday today, so I'm home between farm shifts, so of course this post is later than I wanted it to be. Also, I'm still recovering from that horrible head cold (I'm about 90% better) and I chose sleep over posting. Anyway, without further ado...
The weather: Rainy and cooler this week, and then a warm up next week. I have to keep reminding myself that it's still very much summer. Yesterday felt almost like October, rainy and dark. I wasn't mad about it.
Right now, I am: Typing up this post, listening to music (the little soundtrack from "You and I Are Polar Opposites", an anime that Goose and I have been watching) and taking bites of lunch.
Thinking and pondering: "Where is my overnight bag?" "The couch cover needs straightening" "What should I pack as work snacks?"
How I am feeling: Human again, which after last week being so horrible has been so nice. I was able to get some work done on the farm this morning, and was able to come home and do some things instead of falling into bed tired. The kids are feeling better too, but Ella still has this cough, bleh.
On the breakfast plate: I had leftover Ham Alfredo, which is how I know I'm feeling better. I typically like leftovers for breakfast, that fuels me for a day on the farm.
On the lunch plate: More leftovers. Sue me, hehe.
On the dinner plate: Pork roast with seasonal veggies and roasted potatoes
On the menu this week:
Monday: Pork roast, seasonal veggies, potatoes
Tuesday: Beef vegetable soup
Wednesday: Pizza
Thursday: TBA
Friday: TBA
Saturday: Pizza soup
Sunday: Bowtie pasta, red sauce, salad
What I am wearing: Black shorts, and a gray shirt with the phases of the moon on it.
On my reading pile: The same stuff I was reading last week, except I've moved on to Psalms in the Bible. I'm hoping to get some reading done on my overnight at work. I can't work ALL the time I'm there, am I right?
On my TV this week: The second Ivy and Bean movie (we missed movie night last week, as we were all super sick). I finished Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom and it was super good. Ella came for the last four episodes with zero context and stayed glued to the TV with me. I started "Neighborhood Watch" on Hulu and The Greatest Teacher (our new undubbed Japanese show). I think part of me wants to go to Japan and start over there, haha. Both my kids are on board, and I wonder what that would be like. The language shock would be insane.
Looking around the house: The couch cover needs straightening. Goose is having a sandwich for lunch. Ella's sitting in here with me, discussing Tokyo Revengers (See? I need to be in Japan). Gypsy is in Ella's room, watching the birds out the window. I need to do some cleaning and some laundry before I leave today.
To do list: Laundry, still have to go through those shoes (we were sick, cut me a break!) I still have to pack my overnight bag, throw the dinner in the instapot.
What I am creating: A happier, cleaner space.
From the camera:
My sweet elderly neighbor sent us a bouquet in a yogurt glass after we sent her one when her sweet kitty Oscar died.
Devotionals, Prayers, Bible Verses:
Have a lovely week!



That bouquet is beautiful! I love going new places and starting over lol, that's always been easy for me as we have moved a few big moves but of course, never in a different country lol. It's harder for me to stay put, honestly! Your menu sounds refreshing! I am glad you are having a better week, and it was nice checking in on your blog today! I'll be following :)
ReplyDelete