I'm late, of course. Not as late as I was last week, but still late. I'm on my overnight at work, and I just finished watering the dahlias. I'm supposed to head out on an errand with a friend in a little bit, so hopefully I shall get this post done before then.
Here we go!
The weather: We're having a mini-heatwave. (Which means mid-80's in the mountains). Boooooo. That messes up my schedules because then I can only work early and late.
As I look outside my window: The sun is setting on the farm. There's no movement in the willow tree branches because there's no breeze. The sky is orange and blue. Pure bliss.
Right now, I am: Typing up this post and watching Jerk-cat (the work cat) sleep on my laptop bag. Watching the clock for when I have to leave. Taking all the deep breaths.
Thinking and pondering: This week's work schedule. The fact that I am constantly mentally overwhelmed. Congratulating myself a little for holding it together (though yesterday was HARD).
How I am feeling: Pretty well, considering the emotional mess I was yesterday.
On the breakfast plate: Leftover Mexican chicken.
On the lunch plate: I had a piece of Tiramisu. Suuuuper healthy, I know.
On the dinner plate: A friend delivered me a sandwich to work, and I had some Zuppa Toscana as well.
What I'm wearing: Black shorts and a tank top with a picture of the sun on it. My ratty gray Converse which you can pry off my cold dead feet.
On my reading pile: Literally everything, ha. Still in Psalms. Still not finished with anything. And I borrowed "Imaginary Friend" by Stephen Chbosky from a friend. So, even more books I'm not reading.
On my TV this week: Uhhhh...not much of anything. Dahlia season is not a TV watching time of year. But Goose and Ella want to finish "Medalist" (it's an anime on Hulu) and Goose really wants to finish Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom (which I will happily rewatch another 80 times, haha).
On the menu: I made Zuppa Toscana tonight. Tomorrow is breakfast for dinner, Wednesday is Cabbage Roll Casserole. I have a surplus of rice and potatoes so I will be centering meals around that stuff.
Looking around the house: It's the house at the farm, not my house, ha. It's quiet and the work cats and work dog are all asleep. It's dark because I prefer to keep my room here dark. There are a few things I'm going to tidy up first thing in the a.m
To-do list for the week: I have to check in with clients, deliver some flowers, tie up some flowers at the farm, make sure the mums at the hotel don't die with this heatwave, go through Goose's clothes and decide what to keep and what to donate.
What I am creating: A bunch of flower arrangements.
From the camera:
The goldenrod is blooming! Another way I know Autumn is coming soon!
Have a lovely week!


Hoping you get some cooler weather soon. Have a good week
ReplyDelete