I've been here. Except not. In an effort to understand myself better, I've taken some time off of here and most of the socials (except for Instagram because I talk to myself in stories, it's free therapy ha)
Last week, I had a conversation with a stranger and it showed me that my self esteem is still very much a mess from 6 years ago, which led me to do an emotional deep dive...and think about what's healthy and unhealthy for me.
What happened over the last 6 years hasn't been my fault: not the pandemic, not the infidelity, not Hurricane Helene, or my mentor's health issues, or my own health issues last Fall. But the way I've reacted to any and all of it has been so unhealthy, and I need to own that.
So, little by little, I'm doing more of the things that I love and putting order to my emotions, and my house, and my life. It's been a lot of saying "no" to things and people and places. It's been a lot of saying "no" to myself. too.
Slowly but surely I am getting to where I need to be. I should be back on Sunday with my weekly picture post, and on Monday with Happy Homemaker Monday, and maybe one day a recipe or something fun. It's hard to create when you're living in survival mode, but I'm determined to leave that mode behind.
I just wanted to tell everybody I'm not pulling a disappearing act. I'm still here. I'm just processing.
Meanwhile, enjoy these pictures of flowers from the past few weeks.







No comments:
Post a Comment