Monday, February 10, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 10, 2020

Good...afternoon. I was up with the sun this morning, but there was so much to get done that I'm just now sitting down to get this post up.


The Weather: Hot and cold, literally. We were in the 60's, then we had snow, and now it's raining. I keep wondering what the hold up is with Spring, and then I remember that I'm in the mountains. And it's February And I have at least a month of this up and down stuff. We're supposed to warm up this week, and then temps plummet again this weekend.

How I am feeling this morning: Resolute. I realized this weekend how incredibly burned out I am.
A bit of background. When Ella was 4 months old, I went back to work full time (and then some). At one point, I was working 80-90 hours a week, and my health suffered so badly for it. I actually had to leave my job due to health issues...and that was for the best.
Currently, I'm working a ton. And now I'm 14 years older, and I have two kids.
I'm not going to quit my job, but I do need to take some more time for me.

On my mind: The aforementioned resolution to take better care of what I need.

On the breakfast plate: Leftover chicken stew, iced tea and two mini donuts. No regrets!

On my reading pile: Everything I mentioned last week. Things got thrown into a tailspin, because the girls and I are house sitting this week and next week.

On my T.V.: I fell asleep during yesterday's episode of Dare Me, so I have to rewatch that. Ella and I are going to watch Lifetime's "Neighbor in the Window" because it looks so creepy and apparently it's based on a true story. (But aren't they all???) I love having a teenager I can share these terrible movies with.

I started "Dirty John", but haven't gotten very far. Mom Life and all that. It does make me think about how terribly conniving people can be. Yikes.

On the menu this week: House sitting, so I haven't written down a definite menu, but we are having breakfast for dinner tonight. Tomorrow, I'm making a pizza with a puff pastry crust, which is the easiest thing ever. Beef vegetable soup at some point because this rainy weather calls for it. I saw a recipe for tomato parmesan soup which I will be attempting when the kids are with Gabe this weekend.

From the camera: 

The sunrise this morning.

Looking around the house: It's not my house this week, it's my boss's. Things are tidy and organized, but I have some light housework to do here and there.

Chore I'm not looking forward to: Vacuuming. Josie hates the vacuum right now, and gets very upset when I run it. So, I have to think of a diversion and either I take her outside and Ella vacuums, or Ella takes her outside and I vacuum. Either way, it's a lot of work just to vacuum a few rugs. Sigh.

To relax this week, I will: Send my kids to see Gabe this weekend, bwa ha ha :)

On my prayer list: A friend going through cancer treatments, friends waiting to hear back about a loan, my little family.

Devotional, Bible Verse: 

Have a wonderful week, everybody!!


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sunrise! I fell asleep watching the Oscars last night but I don't think I'm going to bother with a re-watch of that one. I've not heard of Neighbor in the Window but that sounds super creepy! Enjoy. Hope you get to take some time for you and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so crazy that many of us are dealing with these insane, up and down temperatures. The weather has gone crazy.

    I too haven't heard of The Neighbor in the Window and had to go google it when you mentioned it. That sounds super scary.

    Have a wonderful week, and I do hope you can take some time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do take care of yourself! Hadn't heard of that movie but it does sound creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...