Monday, July 20, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 20, 2020

Good morning! It's Monday, all right. Today hasn't started off how I wanted, but I think if I keep a poisitive attitude, I can turn it around! I've already had my coffee, and am headed to work soon.


The weather: It's been HOT, especially for the mountains, which are logically (supposedly) cooler than most. Nope, not so much this year. It has been HAWT.

How I am feeling this morning: Trying not to let little things annoy me, and focus on the good. I've literally had to make a "grateful for" list in my head because otherwise, I'll cry.

On my mind: Work, work, work. More work. But really, it's work and some projects I've gotta get done around the house. I think I'm in the market for a few new dressers. Hmm.

On the breakfast plate: Just coffee right now. Maybe I'll get something else later.

On my reading pile: I just finished "Ghost Song", so I'll be looking for something new to start today.

On my T.V.: Ella and I just got "The Beast" from 1996. It's a movie about a giant squid, but William Petersen is in it and I would watch him read a phone book. So, that's on the schedule for tonight, ha!!!

On the menu this week:
Monday: Sheet Pan Supper with Sausage and Vegetables
Tuesday: Homemade Crunchwraps
Wednesday: Cauliflower Kuku
Thursday: Chicken Cutlets with Garlic Parmesan Noodles
Friday: Pizza Soup
Saturday: Angel Chicken , Rice
Sunday: Crockpot Lasagna

From the Camera: 

Ella and the giant zucchini from this weekend (I'd cut the top off and it was STILL a giant)

Looking around the house: The girls are relaxing. I'm pretty sure Ella is surfing Pinterest, she is 100 percent my kid, haha!!! Renfield the giant white cat is asleep on the TV. Gabe has already left for work.

Chore I'm not looking forward to: Can I lump work under "chores" today? I'd really love to stay home and rest, but it's not happening. But...all the same, I'm grateful I have a job, especially in these times.

To relax this week, I will: Take the girls to hike to the watershed. Ella and I haven't gone in years, and Josie has never been there. There's a little sandy inlet and the calmest water you ever saw, with lots of little fish swimming around. And so many blackberries, which will be coming ripe soon.

Something I want to share: Complete randomness, BUT.
Cats don't sweat. It's why they groom more when it is hot. I'm 36 and I just learned that yesterday.

On my prayer list: 
This country. This whole entire world, and all of the people in it. Social media is such a dangerous and ugly place lately.

Try and have a beautiful week, friends!


4 comments:

  1. Your prayer list hits the nail on the head for me this week! Enough said! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big zucchini!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie! Hang in there. I know that drill too - stay in the thankful so you don't fall apart. The only way to be Lovie. 🙏 That zucchini is insane!! I hope it cools off for you and sending prayers for continued strength and healing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a giant zucchini! Thought of you yesterday when I made my youngest a loaded baked potato for breakfast, LOL. The watershed hike sounds amazing, your description makes me want to tag along. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...