Saturday, August 8, 2020

In the Kitchen: Taco Empanada (a study in what NOT to do)

 

Okay, so. Don't let this picture scare you. It looks very, very bad (because I'm still trying to get better at baking stuff), but according to my family it was very, very good.  I can attest to the filling being good, because I took some and put it on top of a salad. 

So, here's the recipe (along with a bunch of stuff that I did absolutely wrong and will correct the next time I make this) 

Ingredients: 

 Leftover pie crust, ground beef, taco seasoning, a pepper (that I grew in my garden and am ridiculously proud of, fyi) half a can (or whatever you have) of diced tomatoes, a can of corn, some salsa, (not pictured) onion, and some leftover pie crust. 


What you do: 


Brown your ground beef with the onion and green peppers. Add in the corn, tomatoes, salsa and spices. Continue cooking until all of the flavors meld together. 


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put your filling in your pie crust. DO NOT PUT YOUR BAKING SHEET ON THE HEATING OVEN LIKE I DID. Do not overfill the crust like I did. 

Add cheese. Do not overfill. Do not overheat. Pinch it closed. Do a better job than I did, PLEASE. I know you can do it :) 


Bake until done. It will likely look better than mine. Even if it doesn't, it will be freaking delicious. So, it's win-win, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...