Monday, August 10, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 10, 2020

 Good morning, friends! I hope you've had a lovely weekend, and hope your Monday morning is equally lovely! 


The Weather: It's cooling down a bit this week. There's a wave that the Hurricane Center is keeping an eye on...so maybe some bad weather coming this way. I hope not, hurricane season always makes me nervous, even this far inland. 


How I am feeling this morning: Rushed, and hatin' on my allergies. Honestly, I'm not impressed by this allergy season at all. It's been SO bad and everytime I sneeze, I get looked at like "Oh, no, you have the Rona!" (No, no, I do not) 


On my mind: Work...because I have to go in sooner than anticipated. Sometimes, I feel like I need a bit more of a break, but honestly this is the reality of dahlia season. I'm super glad that when I brought dahlias to a local antique store, they've sold out both times I've delivered. 

On the breakfast plate: Um, I've had a cup of coffee and two Altoids. So, I'm clearly winning, haha. 

On my reading pile: I finished "Don't Even Breathe"...and it was SO good. One of the only books where I didn't guess the killer!! I think I'm going to read Thief River Falls, because it sounds good AND it's where my husband's favorite uncle lives. 

On my T.V. : Ella and I are watching "The Wrong Wedding Planner", but we've had to watch it in pieces because at the end of the day I am just. so. tired. It's awful in the way only a Lifetime movie can be. 

On the menu this week: 

Monday: Meatloaf balls with rice and gravy

Tuesday: Hot Dog Soup (it's my husband's grandma's recipe, might post on the blog)

Wednesday: Caprese Grilled Cheese 

Thursday: Country Club Chicken 

Friday: Peppers and Beef 

Saturday: Yellow Split Pea Soup in the Crockpot 

Sunday: Italian Sausage and Gnocchi Skillet 


From the camera: 


I visited a sunflower farm yesterday. It was beautiful!

Looking around the house: It needs TLC, BAD. Gabe was off this weekend, and I took that time to get a little bit of time to myself. He tries, though, and that's what matters. 

Chore I'm not looking forward to this week: All the time I'm going to be spending in the garden. It's beautiful (I'll try to post some pictures this week), but it's exhausting. I'm exhausted. 

To relax this week, I will: Watch the Perseids from a mountaintop with my teenage daughter. Take my younger daughter to the river and skip flat stones Take a sunset walk alone. 

Something I want to share: Epsom salt around the water line of tomatoes and peppers helps to make more fruit :) 

On my prayer list: This country, the world, but more specifically, a couple friends who have tried so hard to have babies. I just want this be to be their year. Please pray earnestly with me. God knows who they are. 

4 comments:

  1. Thief River Falls was great! I think you'll really like it. Went on to read quite a few of Brian Freeman's books after reading it. I'd like to go to a sunflower field, bet it smelled fantastic and of course, your photo is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo!
    I literally LOL'd at your breakfast. 😂
    Such a gal after my own heart suffering with allergies too. They are terrible now! I sneeze and my eyes water and I get the same looks.
    Thief River FAlls Mn, right? Practically a neighbor to my northwoods 😉 And the sunflowers are amazing! 🌻
    Prayers for your friends 🙏 Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping hurricane season won't be too bad either.
    I know.. you can't sneeze or cough EVER!!! geez there are other germs than the coronavirus.
    Your menu is right up my alley.
    I too plan to watch the Perseids.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...