Monday, January 18, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 18, 2021

 How on earth has it been that long since I last posted? Yikes. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get better at regular posting. Life though, you guys. LIFE.


The Weather Outside Is: Frightful, literally. It's snowing. It's slippery. It does look like it's going to taper off a bit for the rest of the week, thank goodness.

On the breakfast plate this morning: A proper breakfast: coffee, avocado toast and scrambled eggs. Who IS this person? I don't recognize her, lol. 

As I look outside my window: Did I mention it snowed? Like, a lot? It looks like it is trying to brighten up a little bit though. 

As I look around the house: It's pretty sparse. The dishwasher is going. Josie is playing with her dollhouse. Gabe is catching up on his sleep before work. 

What I'm wearing today: Flowery leggings, a shirt I got at Big Lots that has flowers on it, and my gray fox slippers. 

Currently Reading: 2 Kings in the Bible. A book called The Bone Jar (another resolutio is to read 52 books this year, Bone Jar is book 3) 

On the TV for this week: I have no idea. Ella and I watched The Wrong Real Estate Agent on Lifetime yesterday and it was ridiculous, like every good Lifetime movie should be. 

On the menu for this week:

Monday: My Grandmother's Vegetable Soup

Tuesday: Breakfast Casserole

Wednesday: Chicken Tacos

Thursday: Hamburger Soup

Friday: Deep Dish Pizza

Saturday: Cube Steak, Mashed Potatoes

Sunday: Drunken Noodles, Italian Style 


Something fun to share: I started the Motivated Moms app to help me get the housework more streamlined and under control. I. LOVE.IT. There's a short to do list each day with specific days having specific tasks and it is so easy. 

Favorite photo from the camera: 


An oldie but a goodie. Josie's first dahlia show, in 2017. She was just about 4 months old. No shows in the future (thanks, COVID), but I'm trying to master the art of gardening and crossbreeding first. 

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, Devotionals




5 comments:

  1. Snow is always pretty as long as you don't have to drive in it. Your menu looks great, vegetable soup sounds good. Must be a soup day, I have spicy potato soup on our menu for over here. Hope you don't get too much snow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to read at least 26 books this year but secretly I'm hoping for 52 :) I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/happy-homemaker-monday-1182021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're staying nice and cozy Friend! Always love when I get to visit with you here. I love that you had a good breakfast. Lol Maybe you're turning over a new leaf in the new year. 😉 Love the oldie pic when your baby was a baby! And those dahlias were stunning! Have a blessed week ahead. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of snow happened here this week too. As long as we stay warm and cozy I don't care.
    what a great pic of your baby. I too made a big soup yesterday
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...