Monday, April 3, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: April 3, 2023

 Good Morning. I am crazy busy but determined not to let it get  me down. Let's do this! 


The Weather: We had some scary high winds this weekend, but things look to be finally evening out here, though our nights are a bit cool, things are still mainly decent, with temperatures ranging from the upper 50's to the 70's. 

As I look outside my window: It's not my window...I'm still house sitting. It's gray, but I did see the sun for a little bit when I dropped by the Bed and Breakfast to drop off milk in one of the cottages for the guests checking in today. 

Right now, I am: Finishing my cup of coffee and typing up this post, while making adjustments to my schedule. This week is set to be a bit wild/busy. 

Thinking and pondering: The best ways to make use of my time this week. Time management is a big priority right now. 

On my bedside table: Books. That heater which I swore I wouldn't need. ha. 

On my TV this week: I just finished "Safe" (on Netflix) and goodness, that was a ride. Ella watched the last 1.5 episodes with me and it left us both wide-eyed and just...whoa. 
Otherwise, it's the usual Will Trent (Hulu), CSI: Vegas (Paramount Plus), Animal Control (Hulu/Fox), Next Level Chef (Hulu/Fox). I had debated starting something new, but my schedule won't allow it this week, I don't think. 

Listening to: Daniel Tiger from the next room. Pye the cat rustling a bag. A song called "Innkeepers" by Penny and Sparrow. Something about the way he sings "nailgun" like it's one word has me tickled today. Some things just catch me off guard and this is definitely one of them.

On the lunch plate: I honestly have no idea. I may make a bowl of soup. So, probably soup, a slice of english muffin bread, and my medicine. 

On the dinner plate: Taco soup. I could have soup for every meal and be okay. 

On the menu for this week: In no particular order, taco soup, beef stew, Chicken a la king (I stole the idea from Sandra). maybe throw pizza in there. 

On my reading pile: I'm still making my way through "Shallow Graves" and man...it's a tough read because of the way things unfold. I'm not going to give away the events, they are all public knowledge anyway but if you are aware of the case at all, then you know how frustrating it is even to this day. 

On my to-do list: Everything dahlias. I have to call some people in the society and finalize some things, but otherwise it's planting and picking and shipping. A trip to the post office is definitely in order for this afternoon. 

Plans for this week: Ship as many orders as possible. Get ahead of dahlia season. Egg hunt for Josie. 

What I am creating: A beautiful reality. Good meals. Better mental health. 

My simple pleasure: Right now, it's a good night's sleep. I feel so much better for it. 

Looking around the house: Pretty tidy and quiet. This kitchen counter/office situation has gotta change, ha. 

From the camera: 


One of my monstera leaves in the sunlight. 

Bible study, Devotional, Quote:
I read something this morning about when someone's heart is too full and busy with every day things, there is not much room for God and that resonated with me. 

Have a beautiful week! 




3 comments:

  1. I love Dahlias! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty monstera leaf. Counting down the days to move mine back outside, it takes up so much room! We've been watching Next Level Chef around here as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing Lady! Kicking butt and you have to be so proud of how you continue to do it all. Chicks rule! Just sayin. ;)
    We've been having crazy winds here too. What is it with Spring and wind? Lol I love soup too - the best and so comforting and versatile. I LOVE your "what I'm creating" this week. 💗 Blessings on your week Jo and your Easter ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...