Monday, April 10, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: April 10, 2023

I promise that one day, I'll have a post up here that isn't HHM. I swear. One day. Just not today. 



The weather: Listen, y'all. I know full well that Spring in the mountains is hinky as heck, but I've had just about enough of this crazy bipolar weather. Temperatures this week range from the 70's to the 30's...can we just PLEASE level out? 

As I look outside of my window: After today, I have ONE MORE MONDAY of house-sitting and then I can go hoooooooome. So, only one more Monday of the red farmhouse and the church steeple behind it. It's a fine view, but I miss home. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and waiting on the kids to come back. They've been with Gabe all weekend, and they've had a great time from everything I'm hearing. Debating moving the cat off my Bible but he is deeply asleep. 

Thinking and pondering: I should pour some coffee. I need to wash the dog today, but I'll wait on the kids before I start that chore. I took some time to myself this weekend, which isn't my typical Easter style at all, but I've had so much going on and it's honestly time to put my mental health at the forefront of things. 

On my bedside table: Books. Books. Books. Probably pens, pens, pens. 

On my TV this week: All my usuals and Season 3 of The Killing (Hulu). Um, why didn't anyone warn me that Joel Kinnaman (plays Detective Holder) was so darn pretty and could make a drug addict detective look so good? I wasn't going to even watch it this week, hahah. I also started Chambers (on Netflix) and what on earth am I even watching? When the kids come back, Ella and I have to catch up on School Spirits, Animal Control, Next Level Chef and CSI: Vegas. 

Listening to: The washer going, birdsong, a song called "Alabama Haint". Myself sighing as I fix my schedule for the week, oof. 

On the lunch plate: I'm gonna make a salad. 

On the dinner plate: Hamburger Helper, and I don't care who judges me. It's a family favorite. It's honestly easier to cook at my house in my kitchen. My kitchen creativity has taken a nose-dive lately. Part of it is house sitting. Part of it is just life stuff I've been dealing with. Part is my ridiculous schedule and having to take care of fifty things all at once. I'll be glad when life slows down. 

On the menu for this week: I have absolutely no idea. I'm going to consult Ella and Josie and we are gonna put our heads together and figure it out. 

On my reading pile: Shallow Graves. I refuse to start another book until I finish it. The Bible. 

On my to-do list: Potting more dahlias. Four orders that need to go out today. Some clean up at the B&B. But time to sit and read my book too. Starting the packup process for home. 

Plans for this week: Get more ahead of dahlia season. Put plastic down in one of the gardens to solarize the soil. GO HIKING. 

What I am creating: A better headspace for myself. A more efficient schedule. A garden chart. Hopefully, a healthy meal plan. Maybe art. 

My simple pleasure: Writing down my thoughts. I used to journal in college, and it got me through a really awful time. I started again at the end of last year. It's been therapeutic. 

Looking around the house: The garden and all its reminders are absolutely everywhere. We have caterpillars and ladybug larvae on a back counter. We're raising butterflies and ladybugs this year. 

From the camera: 


The gardens at the B&B are the perfect place for an Easter Egg Hunt and that's where we had it this year. This is one of my favorite photos. Kudos to Walmart for an awesome Easter dress for under 15 dollars. 

Bible Verse, Devotional, Quote: There's so much...I'm studying the symbolism of water in the Bible and it's been fascinating.

Prayer List: My little family. My mentor, as he travels back from Europe next week. My sanity this dahlia season? 

Have a good week! 



 

5 comments:

  1. No judgment on Hamburg helper we love it too. There's No place like home even with a great view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear that you find journaling to be a therapeutic experience, especially during difficult times. I completely understand the power of putting thoughts and emotions down on paper. I also write down prayers in your journal. Writing out prayers can be a meaningful way to connect with our spirituality and reflect on your relationship with our Lord and Savior. Keep up the good work with your journaling practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No judgement on the hamburger helper, sometimes you need something simple and easy in the meal plan. Helps if everyone likes it. I can't decide if I like Animal Control, I watch it when it's on but not one I think I'd go out of my way to watch at this point. Cute Easter picture! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was very nice to read your post... ah spring, flowers, children, red farmhouse, church steeple, Easter.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. No judgement here - sometimes you just have to do what you have to do...

    I really LOVE your photo. It looks so cute, even like a drawing.

    House sitting is hard and it's even harder to maintain a normal routine when you're not in your own space.

    Hope you had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...