Monday, May 1, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 1, 2023

 Good morning! For the sake of my sanity, I've decided to give myself a later start on Mondays (except for peak season, there is no late start then). I had grand plans last week to have at least one other kind of post on here...a recipe, some photos, something. But I lived last week in survival mode as we had a super stressful week here, so I'm beyond ready for a new week. 



The weather: I cannot make this stuff up. We had snow in parts of my area last night. 40 mph winds. Under a wind advisory until tomorrow night. Hurry, Springtime, hurry fast. Thankfully, things seem to be warmer toward the end of the week. 

As I look outside my window: My windchime is dancing pretty wildly. It looks deceptively sunny out there. Hummingbird feeder is swining like crazy too. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, getting ready for work. Texting with my best friend from home. Two of her kids are down with the 'vid and she's pretty sure it's on its way to get her, too. Ugh. I don't recommend it. I got sick with it before it was trendy and I was super miserable. Gabe had it last Fall and he thankfully had a super mild case. 

Thinking and pondering: "If it's gonna be a cold, it may as well give my allergies a break." "I'm super thankful for the fireplace so I don't have to run my heat and run up my electric bill." "Is there a way to rework dinner tonight so it's not super late?" 

How I am feeling: Pretty good. Not thrilled with this weather, but I always think of Mondays as a new beginning. 

On the breakfast plate: Chicken soup (Lipton extra noodle, we fancy here), a buttered croissant and a few pieces of chocolate. I never get to sit down for breakfast, so you best believe I'm taking advantage of it. 

On the lunch plate: A Smart Ones Meal. 

On the dinner plate: Pulled Pork Sliders, a Salad

What I'm wearing: A purple shirt, blue jeans, my slippers. My hair's up in a bun and I feel put together. Goose has complimented me on everything from my hair to my bracelets to my nails to my nose ring, ha. 

On my reading pile: I'm just under halfway done with "The Florabama Ladies' Auxiliary & Sewing Circle" and honestly it's everything I needed right now. It's light and cozy and I like all the characters. Ella has been reading it with me and we're cackling at all the Southernisms...especially because we live in the South ourselves. 

On my TV this week: Will Trent. Ella and I are fully invested now. I read the books ages ago, and while this show has taken some liberties, I'm into it, oddly enough. Also, Animal Control because Joel McHale can do no wrong. CSI: Vegas, because I've been there since the beginning and I need to know what happens. 

On the menu this week:
Monday: Pork sliders, salad
Tuesday: Creamy Oregano Chicken, Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday: Taco Soup
Thursday: Bacon Fried Rice
Friday: Chicken Stew
Saturday: I'm traveling for work that day, so I have no clue
Sunday: Tortellini in a Pesto Sauce


Looking around the house: Fireplace is on. Josie is playing with dolls. Renfield is asleep in Ella's room. I have music playing. 

To do List: Finish up this post. Work, both jobs. Make dinner. Make work calls/answer work emails. 

From the camera: 


Goose and I went adventuring near our house yesterday and found a lovely bouquet of wildlflowers. I honestly live in such a beautiful place. 

Devotional: I have no one devotional today. I'm just really working on my time with Christ. 

Have a beautiful week!





6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a busy day and week. I hope you find joy. Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem so busy. Are you back home now? great menu. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy! And yes I've been home about a week!

      Delete
  3. Helloooo Dearest! The weather here continues to be up and down too- I'm so ready for REAL Spring to show up. I love lipton extra noodle too. Great taste lady. Lol And I'm jealous of your wildflowers out already. ;) My kind of bouquet. Have a very blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather really has been crazy EVERYWHERE - sure hope it calms down soon for you and that you have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our temps here have been cold for our area too. I'm ready for the warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...