Monday, April 24, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: April 24, 2023

 I'm home! I've also called off work today because my oldest woke up with an upset stomach and I'm not one to nope out on my kids...even if they are almost 17. I can count on one hand with fingers to spare the times I've called off work...but I don't go in if one of my kids is sick. Luckily, my kids are pretty healthy. I'm running way behind today, but at least I have the time to run behind in, right?


The weather: Would y'all believe we are under a freeze watch? Ridiculous. Guess I'm glad I'm behind in planting. The high temp for the week is 58, and the low is 30. Kind of nuts, but okay. It's almost May, but somebody needs to tell this to the weather. I had to have the heat on last night.

As I look outside my window: Bright sunshine and blue skies. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, debating answering emails and mentally running through today's soup recipe. 

How I am feeling: Trying not to feel super rushed. Trying is the operative word. 

On the breakfast plate: I ate a slice of breakfast pizza that I grabbed when Goose and I went out to buy things for Ella (Sprite, etc)

On the lunch plate: Had a quick sandwich and a couple of Sun-Chips

On the dinner plate: A chicken soup. Both to make Ella feel better and to keep the rest of us healthy. 

What I'm wearing: My slippers, a pajama shirt, my pocket leggings, and a gray hoodie I got from the Goodwill. 

On my reading pile: Y'all, I finished "Shallow Graves" and it completely tore my heart to shreds. In an effort to make myself feel better, I picked up "The Florabama Ladies' Auxiliary and Sewing Circle" by Lois Battle. It sounds feel-good and it better be. 

On the menu:
Monday: Chicken Soup
Tuesday: Cube Steak, Potatoes, Gravy
Wednesday: Butter Chicken, Jasmine Rice
Thursday: Breakfast Tacos
Friday: Pot Roast (also grocery shopping) 
Saturday: Not sure yet
Sunday: Rotini with Italian Sausage and Spaghetti Sauce, garlic bread

Looking around the house: If I don't put order to this living room, I may scream. Ha. I'm kind of glad to be home today. 

To do list: This post, clean up the living room, make the soup, walk the dog, check kids' schoolwork, maybe get some rest? 

From the camera: 


A field of buttercups, and my nails, which desperately need doing. 

Devotional: Today, I read about how maybe the pauses in our lives are more important than what we can produce. I'm on pause right now. I had lofty ambitions for today, but I'm home with Ella instead because she doesn't feel well. But maybe that's what I needed right now. 

Have a beautiful week!


4 comments:

  1. I am assuming Ella was ill today! Hope it was a short lived virus or whatever.. Blessings! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Friend!
    Your weather sure sounds similar to here. Lol Although, at least your temps get a bit warmer in the day. I hope Ella feels better. I love the thought of when we need to pause in our lives...in order to be productive. So true! Love the pic. 😍 Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella seems to be better now! Thanks, y'all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your daughter is back to 100%. Chicken soup, best medicine. We had freezing weather last week, I was not happy. Took out the mint I just bought (should've known better but 80 degree weather tends to make you think no more frost is coming) but somehow my lemon verbena made it. Go figure. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...