Monday, May 15, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 15, 2023

 Good morning! I'm trying to get this post typed up before I have to head to work for another busy, busy Monday. 



The weather: I dare say that Spring has finally arrived in my little corner of the mountains! 60's and rain chances on the daily are the theme for this week. 

As I look outside my window: It's grey and cloudy, but it can change in a matter of minutes. There's a pot of violas on the front deck railing and they are thriving. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and keeping an eye on the time and my youngest cat, Haroldeen. She's a little terror, but we love her. 

Thinking and pondering: Time management today. There's a lot to do and not a lot of time. I'm also trying to get ready for Ella's birthday. 

Listening to: Goose talking to Haroldeen, who is rummaging through the dollhouse. 

How I am feeling: Honestly, grouchy and irritable. May is a hard month for me. Ella turns 17 this Wednesday, which is a happy occasion, but it's also the 18th anniversary of the day I lost her older sister during pregnancy. So many conflicting feelings. I'm just emotionally bankrupt at this point. 

On the breakfast plate: Coffee, but I need to eat if I'm gonna take my medicine, otherwise it will just upset my stomach. 

On the lunch plate: Whatever I can grab at work. 

On the dinner plate: Sausage and Zucchini Skillet with Rice

What I am wearing: Pajamas. 

On my reading pile: I actually finished my Florabama book and am looking for something to read. Currently, all of my reading is Dahlia Society related, or garden related, and I need something else. 

On my TV this week: CSI and Next Level Chef. I also started watching The Girl from Nowhere on Netflix and goodness, it's about the weirdest thing I think I've ever watched. 

On the menu:

Monday: Sausage and Zucchni Skillet 

Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner 

Wednesday: Chicken/Bacon Fettucine Alfredo (Ella's birthday, it's her choice)

Thursday: Enchilada Meatballs 

Friday: Roast, potatoes, salad

Saturday: Crockpot chicken soup, because I'm traveling for work yet AGAIN

Sunday: One pot spaghetti, salad

Looking around the house: Oh, Lort. It's gonna get some TLC when I come in from work today. It was Mothers Day yesterday and I was traveling all of Saturday. Stuff definitely needs doing. I did clean the kitchen when I woke up this morning...it was something I meant to do last night, but my head hit the pillow and I was OUT. 

To do list: This post, work (workworkworkWORK), clean the house, do some journaling and find time to REST. 

From the camera: 



I always take pictures OF my kids. Nearly never take pictures WITH my kids. Also, that's a sunflower sticker on Goose's cheek. 

Devotional: I read today about surrendering everything to God and I just realized (yet again) how bad I am at just handing things over, and not taking them back. Yikes. 

Have a beautiful week!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture! ((hugs)) to you - hoping the week will be a great one. Breakfast for Dinner... haven't done that in ages, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggest hugs for all the emotional of this month Sweetie. 🤗 🙏 Yes, keep working on giving it up without taking it back. There's such FREEDOM there! Love the pic of you and your lovely little ladies. So adorable - all of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of you with your girls! I like weird shows, I"ll have to check out The Girl From Nowhere. By the way, Wayward Pines was also weird, the first season was better than the second but it wasn't too bad. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the anniversary of your pregnancy loss :( But at least you have your daughters birthday to celebrate and ease the sadness. I hope you guys have a wonderful week celebrating your girl, and I'm glad you took a picture of you. I find there are very few photos I have with me included. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...