Monday, May 22, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 22, 2023

 Good evening. Things here are crazy busy with planting season and wrapping up the rest of my tuber orders. I had plans to type up this post earlier, but I had to rush out and finish shipping. But here we go!



The weather: 60's and 70's. Rain chances most days. Perfect garden weather. 

As I look outside my window: Early evening sunshine. Things outside are pretty quiet. I'm grateful for days like this. 

Right now I am: Typing up this post. Sitting with my feet up. Listening to Benjamin Tod's "I Will Rise". The first time I heard it, I sobbed. 

Thinking and Pondering: I had to draw a pretty hard line with work after this weekend, which was ridiculously stressful. I've decided that unless I'm actively in a garden, I'm keeping banker's hours and won't accept phone calls or emails late. My sanity is important. 

Listening to: Music on Youtube. Right now, it's Joy Williams. Also listening to Goose talking about cartwheels. 

How I am feeling: Physically? Tired. Mentally? Accomplished and resolute. 

On the breakfast plate: A piece of breakfast pizza that I got on an early morning shopping run. We almost ran out of toilet paper, y'all. 

On the lunch plate: A blueberry-vanilla Kind bar. 

On the dinner plate: Turkey taco soup. 

What I'm wearing: My work uniform, still, which today is pajama shorts (don't judge me, I own my business and work alone most of the time), a green tank top and a hoodie. 

On my reading pile: The Complete Language of Flowers and The Complete Language of Herbs. 

On my TV this week: I need to finish up CSI so I know what the heck everybody is talking about with Folsom, ha. Firmly in the second season of The Girl from Nowhere. 

On the menu:

Monday: Turkey Taco Soup

Tuesday: Breakfast Skillet

Wednesday: Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls

Thursday: Swedish Meatballs

Friday: Beef Stew

Saturday: Chicken Stir Fry

Sunday: Rotini Skillet, Garlic Bread

Looking around the house: Tidy and happy. Ella and I ripped my kitchen apart last week. Then put it back together how I wanted it. Laundry room is next!

To do list: I've already been to work. I have some light gardening to do, and Goose and I are going to pop over to a friend's house. 

From the camera: 

I snapped this picture of Lily of the Valley at the Bed and Breakfast I help at. This is one of my favorite flowers. Also, my nails need done, but it's Goose's birthday this weekend and I'm waiting to do them until I take her with me on Saturday so she has pretty nails for her little party. 

Devotional: Not much of a devotional to share, but hoping for your input. My friend Kristi and I  have a Scripture Writing Ministry and group on Facebook and for June, we're looking for Scriptures about Biblical Love Stories (like David and Abigail, which is my personal favorite). Anything you can throw my way would be appreciated. 

Have a beautiful week!


1 comment:

  1. Hello my Lovely!! I'll have to check out the I Will Rise...my former SIL that also got divorced recently (her ex cheated on her and they have 5 kids!) - she just got a really cool tattoo that's just below her wrist that's an infinity sign. But within the infinity sign are the words "Still I Rise"and I think it may have birds too. It's really pretty.

    I'm going through rooms to pull apart clean and organize too! I keep starting and stop...have to channel my motivation! Lol I would so love to have flower and herb knowledge like you do! Happy bday to Goose! ;) 🎈🎂 💝

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...