Monday, June 19, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: June 19, 2023

 Good morning! I am trying super hard to get everything done before I find myself in the garden this morning, and I forget about everything else, ha. I had an alleged weekend off, which actually doesn't mean anything as I was in constant contact with work. I don't get a break ever, it feels like. Yikes. Anyway, let's get on with this post!



The weather: Kind of rainy currently and I looked on the 5 day forecast and there's a tropical storm out there. We'll see what it does though. Next week looks like it's supposed to be hotter, ugh. I know I shouldn't complain about 80's. I lived in Texas when Ella was little and it was hot out there. Hot. HAWT. But mountain living has spoiled me. 

As I look outside my window: It's brightening up out there, and that means garden work for the foreseeable future today. 

Right now I am: Typing up this post and mentally managing my time. 

Thinking and pondering: About how best to approach all the work I have in the gardens today, how to make it go by fastest, and how to keep my stress levels down. 

Listening to: The rain and "Keep Me" by Novo Amor on the radio. 

How I am feeling: Mentally, determined. Physically, kind of blah. I'm just tired and I think I need more sleep. Or more running time. Or both. 

On the breakfast plate: Oof, nothing. Coffee counts, right? Please tell me it counts. 

On the lunch plate: I may just fast through lunch today. Maybe I'll feel better by dinner time. 

On the dinner plate: Chicken soup. Everybody I know has the summer cold, and I'm not trying to have my household and my peoople catch it, bleh. 

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Chicken Soup
Tuesday: Crockpot Fajitas
Wednesday: Zuppa Toscana
Thursday: Buttermilk Chive Chicken, Mashed Potatoes 
Friday: Beef Veggie Soup (Crockpot)
Saturday: Stir Fry
Sunday: Spaghetti Bolognese

What I'm wearing: A green tank top, and my cut off shorts, and my hiking boots (my garden uniform)

On my reading pile: I'm about halfway done with The Lost Apothecary, and I'm already pretty sure it's gonna wreck certain parts of me. I'm down for that though. 

On my TV this week: Crime Scene Kitchen and Cruel Summer. I've been rewatching Moesha of all things, and it's giving my little middle/high school heart all of the feels. 

Looking around the house: Well, we're definitely recovering from the weekend, ha. Maybe I can tidy up a touch before I leave the house?/

To do list: This post, the laundry, going through Goose's clothes AGAIN. This kid is growing so fast it's not even funny. 

From the camera: 


In October of 2021, a cat showed up on my front steps. She was gonna stay "one night". Well, hours later, she had a name and two kids pleading her case. I'm a huge sucker when it comes to animals, so Haroldeen (named after a character in a James McBride book) joined our household. Isn't she beautiful?

Devotional, Verse, Thoughts: I'm reading a Spurgeon devotional, and I think I'm going to research some into Mr. Spurgeon himself. I wasn't raised on English/American religion (and truth be told, I don't like the word religion at all) and I just want to know more about his life. 

Have a beautiful week!


3 comments:

  1. Of course, coffee counts!

    I enjoy Spurgeon's writings so much. And I don't much care for the word "religion" either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week in the garden and don't catch the summr cold. Cute cat and your menu looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely Lady! Enjoy the rain - we sure need it here. dry drought - ugh! Love the kitty pic - she looks like a Sweetie! About to inherit one here soon with Matt. ;) Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...