Monday, June 12, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: June 12, 2023

 Good...afternoon. I missed last week because I went to the garden super early and just did not find time to post.  I've actually been off for most of the day today because it's rained quite a bit (and I refuse to go mud-diving in the garden, ha) so I've spent every minute I could with the girls. Here we go! 



The weather: The temperatures have been amazing, but the air quality here has been absolute trash due to those Canada wildfires. I've been making do as I can. We thankfully got some rain and are slated for some more, so that'll be good for all of suffering with allergies. Otherwise, it's 60's and 70's in the day and 40's and 50's at night. Utter perfection. 

As I look outside my window: The sun is out one second, gone the next. My petunias are thriving. 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post and realizing in a slight panic that I am out of bell peppers, what the heck. 

Thinking and pondering: About those gosh darn peppers! Thankful for grocery stores. Hoping this slight weather headache gets lost, and soon. 

Listening to: "Fireflies" by Owl City and both of my kids singing along. I live for days like this. 

How I am feeling: Utterly grateful and maybe a little teary. I nearly never get days like this, but I'm super happy about it. 

On the breakfast plate: I had a cup of coffee and skipped breakfast otherwise. Whoops.

On the lunch plate: We went to Jillian's Cafe near us and had chicken tenders and fries. I had a salad. It was nice to just get to spend time with my kids without work looming over us. 

On the dinner plate: Country Club Chicken. and a salad. 

What I'm wearing: A lavender tank top and my pocket leggings. 

On my reading pile: "The Lost Apothecary" by Sarah Penner. The chapters are short and it's flowing along. I famously take forever to finish books, but I'm hoping to have this one knocked out soon. 

On my TV this week: "Crime Scene Kitchen" (if I haven't already mentioned how much I adore Joel McHale) and Cruel Summer, season 2 (What am I watching?!!!!) 

On the menu this week: 

Monday: Country Club Chicken Skillet

Tuesday: Pizza Soup in the Crockpot

Wednesday: Beef Stew (also in the crockpot) 

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner

Friday: Hamburger Helper

Saturday: Pulled Pork Tacos 

Sunday: Beef Gnocchi Skillet 


Looking around the house: It's evening now. Still sunny. Everybody is quietly busying themselves, though the girls and I are probably going to test out our new telescope and I'll likely go for a run later this evening. 

To do list: I've done most of it. I'm gonna give the kitchen a quick clean and shower and sleep. 
That's it. 

From the camera: 



I had some free time yesterday and decided to take a solo hike. Somebody told me that touching moss was good therapy...and it is. 

Devotional, verse, thoughts: I was reading about how God has already fought our battles, already defeated our enemies, and it was extremely comforting. 

Have a beautiful week! 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Dearest! We've been having Canada wildfire aftermath on and off for several weeks now. I sure hope they can get that figured out! Geesh. I love your therapy tip & PS your nails look fabulous! 😉 Your menu sounds so comforting and extra yummy this week. 😋 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a day with the kids - it sounds so fun. And your weather (sans smoke related air) sounds amazing - enjoy those lower temperatures! LOVE the crockpot meals on your menu. Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather gave you a bit of a break and some time with your girls. I've read that book and enjoyed it! Hope you are having a great week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had terrible air quality from the wildfires as well. Ugh! I'm certainly ready for that to clear up! I'm so glad you had some time off to spend with your girls! I know that was a blessing! Your weather sounds amazing, its so hot here! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a Happy Monday and a Happy Life.
    What a beautiful picture of the tree and the green forest.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...