Monday, July 17, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 17, 2023

 I'm late, as per the usual, but my mornings have to be different during the gardening season. Part of me is enjoying the early mornings in the garden, part of me wishes it were past digging season and I could have my easy Monday mornings back. Tis life, though, and the seasons of it.



The weather: Hot, humid, and the air quality is iffy, because of the wildfires in Canada. So, much the same as it has been, and I don't foresee things changing much before September. 

As I look outside my window: I can see how awful the air quality is. It looks hazy and foggy and I know that's not fog. 

Right now I am: Laying on the couch and getting this post typed up. One of the perks of early mornings in the garden is I am usually home at a decent enough hour. 

Listening to: PJ Masks in the background and "Reeth" (by Penny and Sparrow) on my phone. They're the only band that I know of that sound just as good as (if not better) live. 

How I am feeling: Tired...and kind of like a jerk, but not. I'm in the mindset of being so very tired of helping everybody (family is not included here) navigate everything and being everybody's sounding board and therapist and it's draining me. 

On the breakfast plate: I had a handful of raspberries and a cup of coffee. 

On the lunch plate: Two Nutri-grain bars and a Diet Sprite. 

On the dinner plate: Fajitas and Rice. Some tomatoes and vegan dill dip. 

What I'm wearing: Black shorts and a purple tank top. 

On my reading pile: Y'all! I finished a book (besides Lost Apothecary). I finished A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson. It was so so so good. Now I'm reading Five Survive (also by Holly Jackson) One of my July goals was to finish two books and I may actually do it. 

On my TV this week: Crime Scene Kitchen, and Cruel Summer. Also watching The Parkers (because I watched all of Moesha, ha) 

On the menu: 

Monday: Crockpot Fajitas, Rice 

Tuesday: Chicken Soup...also in the crockpot

Wednesday: Beef tips, gravy, mashed potatoes 

Thursday: Hamburger Helper 

Friday: Breakfast for dinner 

Saturday: *to be announced, lol* 

Sunday: Rotini skillet 


Looking around the house: Bright and sunny. Everybody is off doing their own thing. 

To do list: I still have to fold laundry and clean off *the chair*...everybody has one. Where clothes and purses and such end up. 

From the camera: 


A few things about this picture. I grew those tomatoes from seed. This is the cat that I was told not to get because at the time Goose was 6 months old and everybody was SO worried that Renfield and Goose wouldn't get along. LOL they're best friends. Also, Ren is a decade old now. 

Devotional, Verse, Thoughts: I try my best to start my day with Bible reading...and the days go better when I can do that instead of leaving it off for later. Anybody else? 

Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello my Lovely! Hang in there Beautiful. And when you need a moment for you - take it! You can't be the therapist for all. Even if you need to step away for 10 minutes just to enjoy a meditation moment. Keep taking care of you. You're my hero Ms Green Thumb! And that has to be one of the prettiest kitties I've ever seen. So cute! Blessings on your week Love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to take care of you (and your family) before you can take care of everyone else. Oh, love that white cat! Cats and kids, never quite understand why people get so worried? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...