I am forever endeavoring to do better here. Two days in a row, which is small potatoes, but a pretty good start. I'm in between farm shifts, as this is the hottest part of the day, so here we go.
Right now, I am: Resting from farm shift #1, getting ready for farm shift #2. I kicked it off in high gear today, and I am SORE. But it shall all be worth it, I am sure.
Thinking and pondering: Everything (and everybody) is behind this year. Every farmer I've spoken to is behind in flower production, so I don't feel quite so bad. I'm wondering how much work I have to do tomorrow (it's a lot) and where the heck my small pitchfork went to (it's probably somewhere between flower rows if I know me)
How I am feeling: Sore, but accomplished and productive, which is a far cry from how I felt last week.
On the breakfast plate: I had coffee, and a piece of sourdough bread at work.
On the lunch plate: I went to the deli in town and got a BLT.
On the dinner plate: Fried eggs, toast, and in-season peaches. I may reheat some soup. At this point, eating is mainly for fuel. It's so hot.
On the menu: Tonight, we're having eggs and toast. Tomorrow, I"m making beef stew and rice, and Wednesday is egg roll in a bowl. It's an off week so I'm only planning til Wednesday. I'll plan the rest of the week later. I do have a ham chilling out in my freezer, and will likely cook that and piece it out for things like soup and ham fried rice.
What I am wearing: my farm uniform: the ratty shorts I've had for years and a t-shirt.
On my reading pile: "She is a Haunting" and "Don't Go to Sleep".
We're having a spooky summer here.
On my TV this week: The girls and I are watching "Project Hail Mary" for Wednesday movie night. I'm also watching "Hell for You" on Netflix...in an attempt to learn some Japanese, I'm watching it without dubbing. Do I know much? Nah, but the Tokyo Revengers movie taught me how to yell "in a row!" which has been an endless source of amusement for me and my kids.
Looking around the house: Goose is playing with her Barbies (I love that she still enjoys them). Ella is in her room, talking to her best friend (who lives in Ohio) on the phone. Gypsy the black cat is sacked out on the couch in the living room. I should be finishing up this post like NOW so I can make dinner before I have to go back and hit the farm again.
To do list: Pack up my stuff for my overnight at work/the farm.
Take care of things for my mentor
Make dinner before I leave
Go for a run
Mini laundry run at work
What I am creating: Beautiful gardens. At this point in the year, tis all I can do.
From the camera:
My youngest wanted a haircut. A really short haircut. She has curly hair, and it's hard to cut, but I think I've done it justice and she loves it. Also, she got a camera for her birthday and takes it everywhere. I snapped this picture when she came to work with me last week and we took the work dog for a walk.
Bible Verse, Devotional, Prayers: I mentioned in yesterday's post that besides God, nobody is coming to save me. I need to be praying for my sanity and remember where my obligations actually are (God, my kids, my work). I have no specific verses, but I've been slowly making my way through the book of Proverbs.
Have a lovely week!


No comments:
Post a Comment