Monday, August 10, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 10, 2026

 I'm way late. It's my "off Monday" which means I'm not spending the night at the farm tonight. Of course it also meant my day was insanely busy as I had to visit client gardens, and I managed to squeeze in a coffee with a dear friend of mine.  Without further ado, here we go. 


The weather: Super warm with rain chances every day this week. Good gardening weather, provided I'm out before the sun comes out in full force. This means lots of work in the morning and the evening for me, and then house stuff in the afternoon. We're watching the Atlantic for tropical systems. I'm a little skittish when it comes to hurricanes after Helene. 

Right now, I am: Laying on my bed, typing up this post before I have to rush out to a client garden. My fall run of sunflowers is sprouting and I have to clean the bed up around them. 

Thinking and pondering: I'm so glad I'm feeling better. I'm fully recovered from that cold we all had, and just in time for super busy season. I have to see a client tomorrow and his garden is on a literal side of a mountain. I have so much to do this week, and I'm trying to equip myself physically, and mentally and emotionally for it. I'm feeling sturdy and hyping myself up.

On the breakfast plate: I had coffee and my medications. I had to rush out the door to get the gardening while the gardening was good. 

On the lunch plate: Leftover tomato basil pasta

On the dinner plate: Chicken and seasonal veggies, rice. 

On the menu: 
Monday: Chicken and seasonal veggies, rice
Tuesday: Zuppa Toscana
Wednesday: Cabbage Roll Casserole
Thursday: Angel Chicken, Egg Noodles
Friday: Broccoli Pasta, Salad
Saturday: Butter Chicken, Rice
Sunday: Bowtie Pasta, Meat Sauce

What I am wearing: Farm wear. Ratty leggings and a gray T-shirt. But! I do have makeup done (I've recently rediscovered how much I love eyeshadow) and my hair is cute (complete with glitter)

On my reading pile: Still all the same things. I've read very little in the last week, other than one day in the waiting room of Veterans Affairs, but I had Goose with me, so I was constantly involved in conversation with her. 

On my T.V.: We're still finishing Goose's movie choice (Ivy and Bean), as it was hard to focus when we were all sick. Ella and I started Dead or Love on Netflix, another undubbed Japanese show. I finally finished the first episode of The Greatest Teacher (also on Netflix, also an undubbed Japanese drama). Goose asked to watch Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom, and I will happily rewatch it, ha. I'm impatiently waiting for the next season of Hell's Kitchen. 

Looking around the house: I have to clean off the mantel. Things just tend to get collected there, mail, etc. The same with my desk, ugh. Otherwise, it's business as usual. Goose is outside on the porch swing. Ella's in the kitchen, cleaning. Goose's cat Perla is asleep in my office chair. 

To Do List: I'm going to the hotel to check over their garden, then come home and do a load of towels. Maybe I will go through my makeup, and see if the girls want anything. We went through my earrings last week, and Goose made out like a bandit. Ella took maybe two pairs. Goose is definitely the more girly of my girls. I may go for a run this evening. 

What I'm creating this week: I got through some writers block and am writing a (long) short story, and I'm doing some flower arrangements for a friend. 

From the camera: I went to visit a client today and here are some of the dahlias I planted for her. 










Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses: I'm still in Psalms in my reading (and will be there for quite a while, I imagine). Can I ask y'all to pray for my very best friend in the world? She's dealing with some really scary health issues. I love this girl more than anything, other than my kids. We've been friends for forever and I can't and don't want to imagine life without her. 

Have an amazing week, ladies!




2 comments:

  1. Hello my dear beautiful Friend! You are so amazing with your work and being the bestest Mom. I love that you’re loving eyeshadow lately. I’ve been kind of into that too and seeing how they make my hazel eyes change colors. I’m so glad you’re feeling good now - please don’t run yourself down during this busy season though! Your menu sounds SO good this week 😋 I want everything. Lol I’m so sorry about your friend. I will definitely be praying for her. Those kinds of friends are the sisters we get to choose in this life. 💗 I need tips on how to grow stunning dahlias like that! I never have good luck with them. Blessings to you and your girlies for a great week ahead! ❌⭕️❌⭕️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. Glad you all are feeling better. Thinking about your friend. Amazing how you watch undubbed japanese show. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 10, 2026

 I'm way late. It's my "off Monday" which means I'm not spending the night at the farm tonight. Of course it also mean...