Monday, August 17, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 17, 2026

 Good...afternoon. It's my "On" Monday, which means I am home between farm shifts, and tomorrow looks like a super busy day. But I've taken Wednesday completely off from everything. 

So, here we go. 



The Weather: I swear every time I open the weather app, it changes. No hurricanes for the foreseeable future, so I'm happy. But a lot of warm/cool/HOT/cool patterns. Is it any wonder the kids and I all got the cold? (We're recovered now) 

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and texting a friend. I'm glad to be a source of comfort to friends who are going through hard times. 

Thinking and pondering: About various friends of mine going through various trials. Also, I received some really good news this morning and I'm excited about that. For about ten years, I had a nightmare neighbor (think drugs, bad people next door, a whole mess)...she's GONE! I feel like I can breathe again. 

How I am feeling: A touch overwhelmed, which is par for the course currently. It's my busy season...but at least I don't have a cold!

On the breakfast plate: I had coffee and a strawberry oatmeal bar. It's better than nothing!

On the lunch plate: Greek pasta salad. 

On the dinner plate: I typically make a spaghetti/pasta dish on Sundays, but we had leftovers from Saturday, so I didn't have to cook yesterday. I'm making said pasta tonight. 

On the menu: This week is kind of wild, but Ham and Cheddar chowder, Pizza and Sausage and Rice are on the menu, though I don't know the order of everything yet. 

What I am wearing: Farm wear for now. I'll be going from farm wear to PJ's today, then back to farm wear tomorrow. 

On my reading pile: I've read virtually nothing last week. Farm work and such. I'm still in Psalms in the Bible, which is the only book I've read consistently this week. 

On my TV this week: Dance Moms, and The Greatest Teacher. 

To do list: Make dinner, finish packing, go back to the farm.

What I am creating: Two separate garden spaces, and putting finishing touches on a school curriculum. 

From the camera: 


me and Emory Paul 

Prayers, Bible Verses, Devotionals: Please just continue to be in prayer for my best friend. 

Have a wonderful week! 





1 comment:

  1. Hey there Beautiful!
    You are such a dynamo - getting it done during this busy season. Wowzers btw - that is the biggest dahlia I think I've ever seen!! 😍😍😍 Absolutely amazing and glorious! I love your beautiful big heart and how wonderful you are to your friends. I have received that sweet love and caring and appreciate it very much. I will continue prayers for your best Friend too. Blessings on your week and don't work too hard Lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 17, 2026

 Good...afternoon. It's my "On" Monday, which means I am home between farm shifts, and tomorrow looks like a super busy day. B...