Monday, May 11, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 11, 2020

Good morning! I'm running behind (when am I not though?). Mondays used to be my days off/late short shift days, but with the Coronavirus and just basic schedule changes, it's anything goes. Today, I'm mostly off, but who knows what next week will bring/

The Weather: Cloudy and cool right now, but the danger of frost is supposed to pass after Wednesday night, so I can finally stop bringing the plants in/taking the plants out, etc etc etc.
The rest of the week looks warmer, with higher rain chances.

How I am feeling this morning: Physically, pretty good. I do think I didn't follow a good diet this weekend, bleh. But, mothers day...that's my excuse anyway.

On my mind: The usual. I'm trying to plan ahead for my Mom's birthday (the first of June). Ella and I are brainstorming that, while I am also trying to brainstorm Ella's birthday (this Sunday) and Josie's (the 28th). The gifts are starting to arrive via USPS and I am running out of places to hide them!! (we have one for Josie behind the shower curtain in the spare bathroom)

On the breakfast plate: A pizza made from naan bread, and a Diet Dr. Pepper. Breakfast of champions, lol.

On my reading pile: Still getting through The Lullaby Girl. But, GUYS, I finished a book. I picked up Like Water for Chocolate for the fourth of fifth time (because KIDS) and I finished it over the weekend! What an odd, sad, magical book.
Also, Gabe bought me a book about Dewey Readmore Books, the library cat in Spencer, Iowa. I'm taking it extremely slowly because I have a super big weak spot for cats and I already know that Dewey died after a good life. I've gotten halfway through the first chapter (where he was found) and I've already cried twice.

On my T.V.: I honestly have no idea. Ella and I need to watch Stalker in the Attic and pick a terrible movie for next weekend. At the rate I am going, I'm never going to finish CSI (for the fifth time)

On the menu this week: 
Monday:  Ham, potatoes, and green beans in the crockpot
Tuesday: Pizza Soup (probably also in the crockpot)
Wednesday: Breakfast Casserole (recipe up on blog probably Wednesday night)
Thursday: Beef Stew, Mashed Potatoes
Friday: Chicken Pesto Pasta, veggies
Saturday: Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes
Sunday: It's Ella's birthday, so we are having her requested Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna, salad and of course, birthday cake.

From the camera: 

We have some wetlands across the street from our house. I know these buttercups are just weeds that grow by the water, but I love them so much.

Looking around the house: The sun is coming out. I need to get the drop cloth folded...the one that I keep my plants on. I have some laundry to fold.

Chore I'm not looking forward to: Overhauling the laundry room. I think I would honestly rather dance on Legos barefoot, but it will be worth it!!

To relax this week, I will: Work in the garden. Take a long walk with my camera at some point.

On my prayer list this week: My husband, my kids, this country. A pregnant friend who is due in just a few days.

Devotional/Prayer Verse: 

I'm doing a study in Proverbs this month and this is one of my favorite verses.

Have a beautiful week!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughters. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse! And I see on your profile you're Polish. Me too, on my father's side. Anyway, thank you for your comment on my blog post today. It meant a lot. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time of birthday celebrations coming up for you. I've never read that book but I can remember watching and really enjoying the movie years ago. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED that book and GREAT movie too. Have a WONDERFUL week and happy birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie! Sorry I'm so late this week. It sounds like it's just one giant celebration month there in May! lol Party time! 🎉
    Also, I never read the book but I saw the movie Like Water for Chocolate many years ago and it was so good!!! I highly recommend it but you just have to read the subtitles because it's in Spanish.
    Blessings to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This back and forth weather has got to go. We've been putting out/taking in the flower pots too. Today, we're getting into the 80's, but then Monday we're back into the 50's. Crazy weather this spring. I love buttercups. The rabbits eat them here so I don't get to see too many. Happy Birthday to your your daughters!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...