Wednesday, May 13, 2020

In the Kitchen: Breakfast Casserole

This is loosely based off a recipe I googled from here . I've played around with some of the amounts (aka, I measured nothing)
I'm going to give y'all the Kitchn's measurements because they're what I used the first time I made this recipe. (Usually, the first time I make something, I follow the recipe to a T, then play around with the amounts once I'm comfortable)

Anyway, here we go



What you need to make this: 

*Cooking spray
*Olive Oil
*Ground sausage (mine is in the picture, it's just hidden)
*medium onion, diced
*red/green/whatever peppers (mine are frozen, but you can use fresh)
*frozen hash brown potatoes
*10 large eggs
*1 cup sour cream
*1.5 cups of milk
*2T mustard (the original recipe called for dijon, but I like the grainy stuff better)
*Shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar because that's what the kids devour)


Here's what you do:

*Preheat your oven to 375

*Spray the inside of your casserole pan (mine is way too big for this probably, but it's what I grabbed) with cooking spray


*Brown your sausage, and then add your onions and peppers

*Add some spices...salt, pepper, whatever. I use Possum's seasoning because I discovered it on an impromptu road trip with a friend before this COVID craziness, and I love it.

*Throw that all into your casserole dish, and add the hash brown potatoes. Mix together (not pictured)



*Beat the eggs. In a separate cup, whisk together the milk, sour cream, mustard and some salt/pepper. Combine the milk mixture with the eggs. Add cheese.

*pour over your hash brown/sausage mixture


*Bake for 45 minutes or so, until a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy!!

Full disclosure. While I was cooking this meal, I ate a chocolate-frosted sprinkle donut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...