Monday, May 18, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 18, 2020

How on EARTH are we halfway through May? How is my daughter FOURTEEN years old? How is the baby turning THREE in ten days? What year is this? It's been that kind of morning, haha.


The weather: Some rain and craziness due to Tropical Storm Arthur...I can already see the fog rolling in. The drive to work is gonna be fun.  We have rain chances every single day this week, but it's Spring in the mountains, so of course we do.

How I am feeling this morning: Not as rushed. I was able to get up early enough to have some alone time. That's when I recharge from work, kids, etc etc. Now I'm typing up this post and getting ready to leave for work.

On my mind: ALLLLLL the things I have to get done today, including a trip to the post office (which I am not looking forward to, social distance people, PLEASE) to send a few little goodies to one of my best friends.

On the breakfast plate: A quarter of a chicken and mushroom quesadilla and some warm pasta salad.

On my reading pile: I'm almost halfway through The Lullaby Girl (a continuation from The Drowned Girls) and Angie Pallorino (the main character) is such a bad@$$! I love her. Also, it helps that some of the book is written in Polish, my native language. I haven't read anymore in "Dewey" but I was scrolling through my Kindle and found "Dark Inspiration" by Russel James which I had gotten AGES ago and read a little bit in. Well, it sucked me in and I finished it yesterday and ended up getting the sequel "Dark Vengeance." I'm a sucker for a ghost story, and the ghost story in these two books is great. Kindle Unlimited is totally worth it.

On my T.V: Ella and I watched "Scoob", which I bought for her as part of her birthday present. It was cute. We also watched "Stalker in the Attic"...nobody takes these Lifetime movies seriously, do they?

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Breakfast for dinner: Cauliflower Kuku, Toast, Bacon
Tuesday: Sandra's homemade Crunchwraps
Wednesday: My Gram's Vegetable Soup
Thursday: Cube Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy
Friday: Chicken Stir Fry
Saturday: Taco Casserole
Sunday:  Pasta Carbonara, Salad

From the camera: 

These kids crack me up!!

Looking around the house: The dishwasher is going. Josie is coloring in a coloring book The living room will need to be vacuumed later. I have some deep cleaning in the bathrooms.

Chore I'm not looking forward to: The bathrooms. Sigh. At least it's not the refrigerator.

To relax this week, I will: Read. Maybe watch a movie by myself.

On my prayer list this week: This country, the government, my friend and her newborn baby. My Mom, as always.

Bible Verse, Devotional 
This was in my reading this morning...and it's made me think. I need to work harder at cultivating a friendship with Jesus.


5 comments:

  1. I love a good ghost story too. I enjoyed my visit today. Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typically can't do scary but I do get tempted sometimes. Kindle Unlimited is great, I've found that sometimes if I cancel it, they'll give me a better deal to stick around ;) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I got my current deal, I cancelled, lol!

      Delete
  3. Love the picture of the kids!
    Alone time in the morning is precious. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time is flying by so fast, isn't it? And it seems like it'd be the opposite with all the stay at home stuff. And kids have such a nasty habit of growing up too fast! Lol Ugh!! Your girls are so beautiful - just like their momma. 😉 I pray the rest of your week ahead is blessed dear Friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...