Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 25, 2020

Good...afternoon. I am late getting this up, but I've already been to work and am actively planning dinner. It's memorial day, and I've already cried twice because this is the first year where Grandpa Bruce isn't with us to go to the Memorial Day event at our town Veterans Park. Later on, I'm going to take the girls to the park to put some flowers next to Grandpa's name on the wall.
This is how we choose to remember Grandpa, slightly grumpy, always full of life, and forever making his beautiful music. 

Anyway, before I start crying again, I'm going to get on with this HHM. 



The weather: Rain chances every. single. day. But at least we aren't under a flood watch, because last week was ROUGH. I just want some sun on Thursday, Josie's 3rd birthday. Please. Pretty please?

How I am feeling this afternoon: Tired. Grateful for the cooling fan. 

On my mind: Grandpa Bruce. My Mom's birthday present, why isn't it here yet? (Because COVID, I know) I'm hoping I can pull off dinner today (Sandra's Beef-filled Crepes), but feeling mildly confident because I can make wonderful crepes. 

On the breakfast plate: I had Hardee's hash rounds and a coffee, and half a little apple hand pie. 

On my reading pile: I got the reading bug and finished the Angie Pallorino series by Loreth Anne White last week. I ugly cried SO much. I need to finish "Dewey" and I already started "Dark Vengeance" by Russell James. 

On my TV: I honestly have no idea right now. I've mostly been reading. 

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Beef Filled Crepes
Tuesday: Chicken and Couscous, Veggies
Wednesday: Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce, Mashed Potatoes
Thursday: Josie's birthday! Meatball Philly Cheesesteak Bake, and Cake!
Friday: Italian Chowder
Saturday: Cabbage Roll Casserole
Sunday: Chicken Fettucine Alfredo

From the camera: 

The soon to be birthday girl, Josie Tamarah, in all of her curly haired glory!!

Looking around the house: Overall not bad, but my living room looks like a toy store threw up in it. Oof. 

Chore I'm not looking forward to this week: Right now, it's folding the laundry. Because I just don't waaaaaant to. 

To relax this week, I will: Wait until Thursday and maybe sleep in just a touch before decorating cupcakes, ha. 

On my prayer list: This country, my Mom and siblings as usual, and an unspoken prayer request. God knows. 

Devotional/Bible Verse: I'm currently in 2 Chronicles, and I'm coming to the end of it. Today, I read about Hilkiah finding the book of the law and King Josiah realizing how greatly Judah had transgressed...and immediately seeking God. And it's made me wonder. How often am I actively seeking God? 

Have a beautiful week!!!



3 comments:

  1. That first year after the loss of a loved one is definitely one of the toughest. Hope you have a great week! And Happy Birthday on Thursday to your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beauty! love her blond curly hair. Happy 3rd bday to Josie.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great picture of your Grandpa Bruce, photos and good memories are such a comfort. Josie is so cute, her hair is just beautiful!

    Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...