Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday, June 15, 2020

Man, what a morning it's been already. Just one of those days where everything is going at full speed and it seems like the toddler is always on my tail (because she is!)

Anyway, let's get on with this day!


The weather: Looks like it's shaping up to be a rainy week. We have rain chances every single day this week, but last week was so unbearably hot (by mountain standards) that I welcome the cooler weather and the rain that it brings. So far, there are no storm systems forming over the Atlantic and after the flooding that NC saw from Arthur, I am happy for it.

How I am feeling this morning: Rushed and annoyed every time I look at the clock, but I am trying to fight it.

On my mind: The fact that I'm annoyed with everything. I need to stop it. I'm so hateful I can't stand ME, ha.

On the breakfast plate: Coffee. Plus, Josie tried to feed me a plastic egg and some plastic sausage.

On my reading pile: I finished A Haunting in Rose Grove (on Kindle) within the last week and it was pretty good. Also, "Everything My Mother Taught Me", a story by Alice Hoffman (one of my most favorite authors). I need to finish Dewey (with crying breaks, of course) and then I'm not sure what I'll read.

On my TV: Nothing besides CSI, but that's a comfort thing. Ella and I watched Psycho Yoga Instructor last week and we howled with laughter, because you can pretty much figure out the plot of any and all Lifetime movie...because they are almost all the same. (Except for Killer Contractor which threw me for a loop!)

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Southwest Chicken and Rice Casserole
Tuesday: Cube Steak with Potatoes, Green Beans
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Thursday: Mashed Potato Bowls
Friday: Beef Stew and Rice
Saturday: My Grandmother's Vegetable Soup
Sunday: Italian Sausage Gnocchi Skillet

From the Camera: 

My "kids", ha.
From l to r: Josie, Ella, and my boss's dog, JT. My boss is in his 80's and it's hard to walk such a large dog (read: sometimes drag because JT sure does have a mind of his own) JT is here so much, or I'm at my boss's house walking him/taking him to Lowe's hardware (lax dog policy, ha!) that people know me as the "girl with the big white dog" and nobody believes me when I say he is not my dog. Oh, well. Such is life!

Looking around the house: You can definitely tell a toddler lives here, haha! I need to clean off the top of the bookcase, stuff just seems to accumulate there...like my camera. Yikes.

Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week: I was going to say scrubbing the tub in the master bath, but Ella and I tackled that yesterday.

To relax this week, I will: Do a face mask. Take some me time. Maybe read a book?

On my prayer list: My sister, as she travels to see our Mom. My Mom, of course. My boss. The continued health and safety of my family.




7 comments:

  1. What kind of dog is that? Reminds me of a friend's dog that I always say I'd like to take home. Cute girls! Hope you have a great week and get in some you time to relax, very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psycho Yoga Instructor - now that sounds interesting!! JT is so gorgeous. I love all those mountain dogs. My friend has a Bernese Mountain Dog and when he was a puppy his feet were enormous! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun picture - I can certainly see that JT has a mind of his own! Glad you're going to enjoy a bit of cooler weather. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girllllll I know the feeling of getting irritated with yourself, that is how I felt last week lol

    Your girls are so sweet, I love seeing them on Instagram. Thank you for all your prayers and support the past few weeks, I really appreciate it :)

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice picture of your girls and dog. Think I'll look up the books you listed. Never heard of mashed potato bowls, is it just mashed potatoes?
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mashed potatoes, cut up chicken nuggets, roasted corn,gravy and cheese
      So not the healthiest but SO good

      Delete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...