Tuesday, May 5, 2020

On the subject of giving Grace

I like to get up with the sun in the mornings. I feel guilty when I don't.
The last few days, I've slept terribly so getting up with the sun is really hard (especially when the sky was beginning to lighten as I was falling asleep, ugh).

I'm literally my own biggest critic. I'm just a critic.

My husband and I hit a rough patch in late March. The kind of situation that requires grace and forgiveness, things that I had in extremely short supply at the time.

And yet God gives me that grace so freely, when I've done nothing to deserve it. I absolutely do NOT deserve it.

Wouldn't it make sense for me to give grace and forgiveness, as I've been given it?

I read the other day about picking battles and my Dad always told me that there were hills to die on "and then there are those other hills."

And so I'm trying.

I didn't see the sunrise today, save for when I opened my eyes and opened the curtain a sliver to see how light it was outside. Last night was ROUGH.
But I'm giving myself grace.

The situation with my husband is slowly improving. Part of me is still hurt, and angry. Part of me wants to lash out, and say ALL the hurtful things.
But I've cried and prayed about it, and the answer is astoundingly clear. Grace. Forgiveness. And more grace.

And so it is.

I hope that you're giving yourself and the ones around you grace, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...