Monday, May 4, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 4, 2020

May the 4th be with you today :)

It's my daughters' birthday month, and they will both be very happy with the presents they will receive, I'm sure. My husband and I have gone above and beyond.


The weather: The forecast keeps changing! We were supposed to have snow this coming Saturday (no thank you!) but now the forecast says no. There's a definite drop in temps past Thursday though, so I'll have to bring in my plants again.

How I am feeling this morning: Rushed and aggravated. I'm supposed to have more time to spend at home during this, but I'm essential. Sigh. I'm thankful to have a job, but sometimes it's seriously demanding. At the same time, I could never fully stay at home, because work is all I know.

On my mind: See above. Also, converting tonight's dinner to the InstaPot.

On the breakfast plate: Psh, nothing. I had a cup of coffee, but thanks to my insane schedule, it's looking like either a granola bar or a drive through somewhere. If I'm lucky.

On my reading pile: I started "The Lullaby Girl" by Loreth Anne White and I can't get into it. I like the main character, so I think I'll just have to get past the slow start and I'll be good.

On my T.V: Yesterday, in true terrible Lifetime movie fashion, Ella and I watched Killer in the Guest House. It took us half of the movie to figure out that it was a sequel to Killer Downstairs. No spoilers here, but oof. I'd definitely think twice before renting out my guest house to ANYBODY. If I had a guest house, haha.

On the menu: 
Monday: Instapot Cabbage Roll Casserole
Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Wednesday: Beef and Broccoli, Rice
Thursday: Creamy Comfort Chicken
Friday: Grandma's Vegetable Soup
Saturday: InstaPot Cube Steak, Potatoes, Peppers
Sunday: Spaghetti and Meatballs

From the Camera: 

This was our 6th year raising painted lady butterflies and we released them on Saturday. 

Looking around the house: It's bright, it's sunny. The washer is going. Josie is playing with her big dollhouse (a relic we've had since Ella was a little one...how is she turning 14 in less than two weeks?!)

Chore I'm not looking forward to this week: Sorting out the fridge. And the big garden. 

To relax this week, I will: Wait, people are relaxing? hahah

On my prayer list: The country, the world. My county, right now, is the only county of 100 in the state of North Carolina with no lab confirmed cases of the COVID.  I pray that it will stay that way. 

Devotional/Bible Verse: I've been listening to Alan Jackson's hymn collection and through my time in the Baptist church, I've realized that I know every word. The Baptists and I disagree on a whole lot, but not the hymns. Heaven seems a lot sweeter and closer since my Dad and Grandpa Bruce left. 

Have a beautiful week, my friends!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you find some time to relax! Or at least to take a few deep breaths. Beautiful butterfly. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterfly photo! I think raising them must be pretty amazing. My boys' preschool did that (MANY years ago), but it never occurred to me to try it at home. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty butterfly! We have been lucky here too, my state has seen a total of 28 cases, 0 deaths. All 28 cases are travellers who arrived already ill, there has been no community transmission. We have closed our borders, and are limited to 10 people at a gathering, and most workplaces are working from home, or like my son at the library, they are still going to work but are closed to the public. We lived in the most isolated place in the country, and are homebodies anyway as there is not much to do here, so very little change for us. My son already studies online, there are no good schooling options here, his entire school life has been online. I feel for those people who are used to going out and being active, it must be very hard for them right now. Your menu sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping you get some time to relax soon. The butterfly raising sounds so interesting, I wish I had done that before, may have to look into it.

    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've done that with the butterflies - such a cool thing to do. 🦋 And I wish you much luck with your gardening and hope you don't get the snow! And I pray that your county stays covid free too. 🙏 Happy birthday to the kiddos this month!! Have a blessed rest of the week Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you raise butterflies? awesome!
    Don't have an instapot but seems you are using it alot, have heard it is great.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome blog
    https://knowhubs.blogspot.com/2020/06/cancer-share-your-opinion-about-this.html

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...