Monday, June 22, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: June 22, 2020

Good morning, how are we almost at the end of June! When did that happen?
I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.
Father's Day is a bit hard here, as my Dad passed in July of 2018 and Grandpa Bruce passed on my birthday last year.
Next to my husband, they were the two most important men in my life and being without them, especially on Father's Day is hard.



The Weather: Very warm with rain chances every day this week. At least I don't have to water the garden, ha!!

How I am feeling this morning: Honestly, pretty energetic. I've found that early mornings work for me. As much as the idea of "sleeping in" excites me, it's really not for me, and it makes me sluggish and tired for the rest of the day.

On my mind: All of the stuff I have to get done today, including finishing up this post and taking Josie to the river (We're making a set of alphabet stones.) There's a place in town here that helps developmentally disabled adults and they make the prettiest painted stones. Josie and I took a walk yesterday, and walked right by their display of painted stones. And then I saw an Instagram post about alphabet stones and well, there we go.

On the breakfast plate: A bowl of vegetable soup and a Diet Dr. Pepper, whomp whomp.

On my reading pile: "Deep Dark Secrets" by Keri Beevis.

On my T.V: Who on earth knows? This is going to be a busy week, so maybe I'll have time to squeeze in a Lifetime movie with Ella. Yesterday, we watched Storm Cell, a movie about a storm cell "warning her unsuspecting brother" about an incoming tornado. Oh, boy. False advertising. The brother was actually not "unsuspecting" at all.

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Beef-filled Crepes
Tuesday: Garden Veggie Mac and Cheese
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
Thursday: Taco Casserole
Friday: Country Club Chicken
Saturday: Cabbage, Sausage, and Potatoes in the Instapot
Sunday: Garden Veggie Spaghetti

From the Camera: 

On the advice of my father in law, a man dear to my heart, I went out and chased the sunset the other night. (What he said was, "take your camera and get outta the house for a while", so I did)

Looking around the house: Josie has her dollhouse open and her coloring books out. She's currently on the porch swing with Gabe. I can hear her shouting in excitement about a flying insect. I'm playing Alan Jackson's hymns because they make my heart happy, and they remind me of Grandpa Bruce. The fan in the living room is going. The fishtank filter is bubbling away. The dishwasher is going. It's a quiet, atypical Monday, because I don't have to work today. I'm going to take off for a few hours with a friend.

Chore I'm not looking forward to doing this week: I got nothing. I'm trying to find joy in this stuff...even the fridge.

To relax this week, I will: Do some research on July's Scripture writing topic, and listen to some sermons online. I'm still soul searching, still looking for a church that lines up with my values.

On my prayer list: Everything. This whole world. It's such a mess.

Have a beautiful week, my friends!


7 comments:

  1. My dad's been gone for 27 years on June 27th and I STILL have a very hard time father's day rolling around. It does get easier, but never goes away. I LOVE that you're finding JOY in all the chores. Personally, I never dread anything much either, just plow right through it. I'm off to google alphabet stones. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays are always hard after recent losses. Some day you'll get to the point where it won't hurt quite as much and you can share your memories without your eyes tearing up. It takes a while though ((hugs)) to you. Alphabet stones sound like such a fun activity! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holidays are definitely hard after losses no matter how much time goes by. Your menu this week sounds delicious. I can't wait to find out more about the alphabet stones! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Holidays are harder when you have lost someone.
    Your breakfast is.... different :)
    Love the painted stones idea
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of the pink sunset tinged clouds.

    Hope you find a church that you like and can settle down at.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find a church soon, I know how hard it is feeling like you don't belong. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you find a church soon. I agree that I feel so much better when I get up early. It just seems that I get more done. I would love to see the finished alphabet stones.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...