Monday, June 29, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday: June 29, 2020

Good morning! I hope this weekend was beautiful for you all. My husband was home this week (and he is actually home today!) so that was a rare treat. I cannot remember the last time he had a 3 day weekend.


The weather: Typical NC mountain early summer. 70's during the day, cooler at night. Rain chances almost every day. (It's good that I don't have to water the garden every day!)

How I am feeling this morning: Introspective. I'm reading Song of Solomon during my morning devotions currently (just finished with Ecclesiastes and before that the book of Job), and today, I came across the verse of "my own vineyard I have not kept". I looked it up, found a sermon by C.H. Spurgeon and boy, does it have me thinking about my own neglected vineyard. I am so quick to do things/jobs outside the house, but I need to care more about my vineyard/my family/my kids. I just feel like sometimes I could be home more...should be home more. Mom guilt is real. Christian Mom guilt is also real. A lot of little changes I have to make.

On my mind: The aforementioned vineyard and all.the.things. on my to do list today. Some things my husband and I are praying about.

On the breakfast plate: Uhmmmm, coffee, before I head out for work. Eventually, I guess I'll have a Lean Cuisine while I'm working. It's Monday, all right.

On my reading pile: "Tears" by Caroline Clark. I finished "Deep Dark Secrets" by Keri Beevis. Sometimes I hate having an overanalytical mind...I figured that book out halfway through, but it was nice to cheer on the main characters.

On my TV: Nothing, really. Ella and I are watching "The Perfect Mother" on, you guessed it, Lifetime. I mean, if my teenager wants to hang out with me and watch lame movies, I'm all about it. I know that at 14, this was NOT me, and while my Mom and I have worked out our differences, we were not close when I was a teen.

On the menu this week:
Monday: Stuffed Peppers
Tuesday: Ramen Stir Fry
Wednesday: Split Pea Soup
Thursday: Quesadillas
Friday: Chicken, mushroom sauce, noodles
Saturday: Italian Chowder
Sunday: Ziti, Salad

From the camera: 

I received some lovely peonies from my boss last week!!

Looking around the house: Renfield the big white cat has just sauntered past. (Dude is over 20 lbs so when I say big, I mean it). I can see my gaggle of houseplants from where I'm perched on the bed. It's a little dark, we have a lot of cloud cover. Josie and Gabe are hanging out in the living room.

Chore I'm not looking forward to: I'm trying to find joy in all the chores. One thing I have to do is pack up a lot of my bigger clothes for the Goodwill. Over the last year, I've lost 80 lbs and I'm still losing. Some of that stuff looks ridiculous on me, and I don't know why it's still here, honestly, other than my work schedule is atrocious sometimes and I have no time for anything. But out it goes!

To relax this week, I will: Walk barefoot in the grass. Sing along with Joy Williams and Dolly Parton. Find some lovely flowers on clearance and leave them on the doorstep of the landlady from the first house we ever rented, get a safe distance away and give her a call. Enjoy time with my husband, and kids.

On my prayer list: The world right now. It's such a hard place to navigate, especially for children.




4 comments:

  1. Lifetime movies are cheesy, but oh so good!! I need to put it on the tube this week and just veg out! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the items you picked for relaxing this week! Hope you have a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the time with your daughter, doesn't matter which movie. I just love the items on your relaxation list! maybe I should start thinking like that.
    I need to lose a little, have been gaining and nothing fits anymore. Kuddos to you for the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love it when my teenage girls sit with me and watch films. Those peonies are beautiful, one of my most favourite flowers.

    And yay to walking barefoot in the grass, I love to do that too (and listen to Dolly P as well).

    Hope you've been having a lovely week, here's to a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...