Tuesday, July 7, 2020

What We've Been Up To

Life's been wild lately.
How wild can it be in quarantine, one may ask.
Well...when you have a teenager and a toddler and a bunch of cats and animals at work (I'm essential!), the answer is "pretty wild."

Yesterday, was the second anniversary of my Dad's passing and it was hard. Everything surrounding his death is hard. Growing up, I honestly didn't think I would ever BE without Dad, once I met him and everything. So, for him to not only be gone, but to be gone for two whole years is unimaginable. And yet, here we are.

I'm trying to do more of what Dad wanted me to do. He was forever on me about "taking time for me" (a foreign concept, since I'm a workaholic, and essential) and taking care of myself.
Over the last year, I've lost a lot of weight, and am trying to lose more (trust me, I needed to lose it), but I'm trying to take more time for myself. Taking hikes, picking flowers, wandering around the hills with my camera for an hour if I have one to spare.



We live in a beautiful place, although I am often homesick. I've found that the state of TN is my second home, even though I live in North Carolina. Over the last two months especially, most of my hiking and adventuring is done in TN.

My little garden is doing well, and it's really been a stress reliever for me.


This is the first year that Josie actually understands a garden, and it's been pretty amazing to see how interested she is in all of the plants that we're growing this year.
Also, I've lived in this house for FIVE YEARS (that's right FIVE) and I just discovered how GOOD my back deck is for growing produce. Whomp Whomp. Gardening fail.

We're also attempting to grow "fairy carrots". (Carrots in a jar. In a confined space, carrots will grow tiny.) I found a packet of carrot seeds and a jar, and honestly, I'm not holding out much hope (because I'm not entirely sure how old that seed packet actually is). But I'm documenting it for the blog-verse here.




I'm trying to be better with doing update posts instead of just a Monday post (which I missed this week, for obvious reasons) and random recipes (but one of those is coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday: July 31, 2023

 Good morning! I hope today finds you ladies well. I have a rare day off today after an absolutely exhausting weekend. We had to clean out t...